The Student Room Group

AntiFa listed as a terrorist group in New Jersey.

Scroll to see replies

Could this be something to do with them using violence and intimidation to make political statements?
Reply 2
Original post by MildredMalone
Could this be something to do with them using violence and intimidation to make political statements?

No... pretty sure it's for targeting and terrorising bins! :lol:
Good because their political strategy is based on emotions, rhetoric and violence and not upon logical rebuttal of fascist sentiments. Antifa is counterproductive.
About damn time. Jersey of all places.

Original post by Dodgypirate
No... pretty sure it's for targeting and terrorising bins! :lol:

Those poor, poor bins.

About time. Let's hope the rest of the world follows suit.
Reply 6

#binlivesmatter
Original post by Mathemagicien
Oh, come on now. Some of them may be a little over the top, but the majority of AntiFa are just edgy 16 year old boys who think they are communists (without having read a word of actual communist philosophy).

Anarchist Communists :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally, now for BLM please.
Original post by Dandaman1
About damn time. Jersey of all places.

Those poor, poor bins.

'Terrorist organisation'. Do me a bloody favour.

It seems the political right like to shut down debates by making ridiculous assertions too...
Reply 10
Original post by Bornblue
'Terrorist organisation'. Do me a bloody favour.

It seems the political right like to shut down debates by making ridiculous assertions too...

Nope, nothing terroristic about these fine individuals, at all. Just a peaceful and civilised debating team.
Original post by Wōden

Nope, nothing terroristic about these fine individuals, at all. Just a peaceful and civilised debating team.

'Terrorists'😂😂😂😂😂😂

If they're a terrorist organisation then pretty much every street gang in the country but definition is 'terrorist'.

Deary me the political right are pathetic.
'Terrorists'😂😂😂😂😂😂

If they're a terrorist organisation then pretty much every street gang in the country but definition is 'terrorist'.

Deary me the political right are pathetic.

Would you say this if a far-Right group called 'AntiCom' were using the same tactics?

Answer: No, you wouldn't, because you're a hypocrite, which is symptomatic of some left-wingers.

I, unlike you, care about terrorism as a whole.
Would you say this if a far-Right group called 'AntiCom' were using the same tactics?

Answer: No, you wouldn't, because you're a hypocrite, which is symptomatic of some left-wingers.

I, unlike you, care about terrorism as a whole.

😂😂😂

If they weren't carrying out terrorist attacks then no, I wouldn't. Just as I don't call the BNP, EDL or Britain First terrorist groups.

The idea that a big of edgy pathetic 16 year olds are regarded as a terrorist group is utterly hilarious 😂😂😂😂
😂😂😂

If they weren't carrying out terrorist attacks then no, I wouldn't. Just as I don't call the BNP, EDL or Britain First terrorist groups.

The idea that a big of edgy pathetic 16 year olds are regarded as a terrorist group is utterly hilarious 😂😂😂😂

I don't think you know what a terrorist is, or your image of a terrorism is someone who blows themselves up in the name of God or a religion.
I don't think you know what a terrorist is, or your image of a terrorism is someone who blows themselves up in the name of God or a religion.

Okay then let's loosen the word so any time a protest gets a little bit out of hand, whether on the right or left then all such individuals should be regarded as 'terrorists'.

You're trying to play on semantics here and it's rather pathetic. Terrorism, by its common use denotes a level of seriousness way beyond a protest bubbling over.

So no I wouldn't call the BNP, EDL or Britain First terrorists unless they were actually plotting or carrying out terrorist attacks.
Okay then let's loosen the word so any time a protest gets a little bit out of hand, whether on the right or left then all such individuals should be regarded as 'terrorists'.

You're trying to play on semantics here and it's rather pathetic. Terrorism, by its common use denotes a level of seriousness way beyond a protest bubbling over.

So no I wouldn't call the BNP, EDL or Britain First terrorists unless they were actually plotting or carrying out terrorist attacks.

a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

AntiFa, anarcho-Communists, are known to use violence and intimidation against mostly Trump supporters, but also innocent businesses and the police.

People have been seriously hurt by AntiFa thugs (e.g. the guy who was whacked by a bike lock).

And you're calling me pathetic?
N
a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

AntiFa, anarcho-Communists, are known to use violence and intimidation against mostly Trump supporters, but also innocent businesses and the police.

People have been seriously hurt by AntiFa thugs (e.g. the guy who was whacked by a bike lock).

I'm calling you pathetic for trying to devalue the term terrorism by labelling a bunch of edgy tw*ts a 'terrorist group'.

Is the EDL a terrorist group?
Tommy Robinson went to jail for head butting a guy in the face because the other guy was a neon Nazi, does that make Tommy Robinson a terrorist?

Are gangs all terrorist groups then?

By the semantics you're using, every second person would be regarded as a terrorist.
(edited 6 years ago)

This kind of definition's faulty enough as it is (it's essentially "state violence - OK, non-state violence - terrorism"), but if you're interpreting it broadly enough to include violence at protests, then even something like two drunk guys arguing over politics intensely enough to the point where one throws a punch could be classed as "terrorism".
Antifa are a bunch of idiots but only a total pussy will call them a terrorist group and put them on the same pedestal as something like ISIS.

Quick Reply

Latest