Is Child Labour such a bad thing?

Watch
UnluckyMage
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Why are kids taught to clean the house or walk the dog when they could be learning how to forge steel?
The Asian Tory
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Long story made short, if it is hard labour, then your answer is that "it is a bad thing".
luckystars
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why forge steel? Steel manufacturing is all in China now, not to mention how expensive that hobby is lol
Dot.Cotton
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, it instills a good work ethic in children and teaches them that there is no such thing as a free lunch.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dot.Cotton)
No, it instills a good work ethic in children and teaches them that there is no such thing as a free lunch.
So then why do we send them to schools they get access to for free?

(unless you are such a sucker to pay for it)
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So I assume you paid back all the money your parents invested in you? With interest?
The Asian Tory
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can force your children to work in a steel mill.
Kraggor
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have my sister make me refreshments delivered straight to my room
Asolare
Report 3 years ago
Because of the safety risks present mainly. Children do not possess the same capacity for concentration and awareness as a teenager or adult, nor the ability to learn as quickly, so it's pretty economically useless trying to make children work anywhere.

Also do you really think we have enough job positions to accommodate for the millions of children in the UK right now? lol
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Asolare)
Because of the safety risks present mainly. Children do not possess the same capacity for concentration and awareness as a teenager or adult, nor the ability to learn as quickly, so it's pretty economically useless trying to make children work anywhere.

Also do you really think we have enough job positions to accommodate for the millions of children in the UK right now? lol
This is pretty much spot on, on both counts. Even putting aside the morality of it, there is simply no need in the first place!
UnluckyMage
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Asolare)

Children learn significantly faster than adults.
tazarooni89
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think that it's a bad thing in itself for children to work.

We need laws to prevent what happens in third world countries though, where parents have lots of children just so that from a young age they can send them to work to earn money for them, which amounts to exploitation, contributes to excessive population problems, and compromises their education.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.49%
England (143)
34.79%
Belgium (31)
7.54%
Germany (41)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.43%