The Student Room Group

UKCAT 2018 - Results and Resources - NO DISCUSSION

Hi there!

As the 2018 entry testing period has begun, I thought creating the new thread for those taking the UKCAT this year would be a good idea. This is the first time that Decision Making is tested and counted towards the average score. I took the idea from @ForestCat, hope that's ok :smile:

Tell your scores in the following format:

VR:
DM:
QR:
AR:
Average:
Resources used:

Please use the main thread for discussion, so that it's easy for people to see scores in this one.

Scroll to see replies

VR: 640
DM: 650
QR: 800
AR: 680
Average: 692.5
Resources used: Medify. Kaplan online course. 1250 questions. Official practice questions.
VR: 760
DM: 760
QR: 890
AR: 740
Average: 789
Resources used: Medify, 1250 questions book, free online resources
Original post by ajones668

Well done amazing score. I'm hoping to achieve similar :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xJessScott
Well done amazing score. I'm hoping to achieve similar :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanku! & good luck, I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Original post by Mac117
Hi there!

As the 2018 entry testing period has begun, I thought creating the new thread for those taking the UKCAT this year would be a good idea. This is the first time that Decision Making is tested and counted towards the average score. I took the idea from @ForestCat, hope that's ok :smile:

Tell your scores in the following format:

VR:
DM:
QR:
AR:
Average:
Resources used:

Please use the main thread for discussion, so that it's easy for people to see scores in this one.

It would also be very useful for people to put wether they're going for undergrad (UG) or graduate entry medicine (GEM) in terms of graduates looking for where they would stand chances applying to 😊

UG vs GEM: GEM and UG
VR:680
DM:690
QR:770
AR:720

AVG:715
SJT: band 2
Res: ISC 1250 and medify (3 months intermittent) medify and ukcat official 3 weeks heavy questions

Unis: St georges's, Warwick and Swansea GEM and Glasgow A100
(edited 6 years ago)
It would also be good to add what universities people are applying for. 😊
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
UG and GEM

1st degree in Biology

VR: 580
DM: 690
QR: 740
AR: 830
Avg: 710
SJT: 1

Resources used: 1250 Q book, UKCAT official website, Free Kaplan online test
Unis: Barts (both GEM and UG), Glasgow (UG), Aberdeen (UG)
Reply 8

thats fantastic how did you manage such a high score for vr? also what is DM like?

hi, i was just wondering on how you got such an amazing score!? my ukcat is next month and am currently struggling in each section regardless of lots of practice. any tips or advice?
How accurate would you say the kaplan practice test scores are? are they meant to be harder than test day does anyone know?
Reply 11
VR: 470DM: 640AR:590QR:770AVG:617Resources used : Medify(One month course) UKCAT practice mocks.UG entryWill I be able to get into any uni/college with these scores?
VR: 820
DM: 770
AR: 770
Avg: 812.5

Unis: unsure (maybe Edinburgh, Sheffield, Brighton, Glasgow or Bristol)
Original post by peanut098

How did u get such a high score on vr , could u show any technique please ?
Reply 14
Original post by Riya99
How accurate would you say the kaplan practice test scores are? are they meant to be harder than test day does anyone know?

I was getting around 690 in kaplan mocks with band 2 I did my test today and I got 715 with band 1 so they are quite accurate but maybe slightly harder.
VR: 600
DM: 680
QR: 650
AR: 660
SJT: Band 1
Avg: 647.5

Don't know if I'll be doing medicine with such a low score...
Reply 16
Original post by peanut098

Hi,
just wandering how did you tackle the VR & QR to get such an amazing scores and what resources were the most accurate to the real exam - I am using Medic portal, medify, UKCAt free resources, Grenn ISC 1250 book and Kaplan Book,
Many thanks.
UG

VR: 520 (really hope unis don't care about individual section scores lol)
AR: 710
Avg: 692.5

Resources used: Medify, 1250 Q book, UKCAT official website, the medic portal (mainly for VR, AR was way too easy), medic mind (watched some of their videos while it was free)
Unis: King's, Barts, UCL, Imperial
Original post by novialong
UG

VR: 520 (really hope unis don't care about individual section scores lol)
AR: 710
Avg: 692.5

Resources used: Medify, 1250 Q book, UKCAT official website, the medic portal (mainly for VR, AR was way too easy), medic mind (watched some of their videos while it was free)
Unis: King's, Barts, UCL, Imperial

Any tips for QR i always run out of time and find it so difficult even though I do AS maths
Original post by Hdheimdnbf
Any tips for QR i always run out of time and find it so difficult even though I do AS maths

Yeah, I actually never gotten above 700 in all my mocks and math was one of my strongest subjects. Timing and understanding the question, interpreting the data is the hardest part for me. What I did is to never read the graph/table first unless I absolutely have to. After reading the question, I split it to several steps of calculations I needed to do and only have to fish out the info I need from the table/graph to answer that question. Also, the real thing for QR was a lot easier than all my practices, a lot more questions that only require eyeballing, but that might just be for me. If you find that your answer didn't match any of the options, just guess one that seems close, or if something like 62.94 and 62.49 appears in the options, just choose one of those. I had a minute left and went back to redo questions like this, I found that questions that I guessed strategically before turned out correct anyway. So guess smartly, flag and skip to the next question if you have to, only review the ones you guessed in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending