Exams 2017
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I sat my A2 Irish History paper on the 16th of June. I done the Easter Rising Essay. The question was 'The role of key individuals in the Irish Republican Brotherhood were the most important reason for the outbreak of the Easter Rising in 1916.'To what extent would you agree with this statement?' this sounds silly but I was reading on the CCEA website and it says how abbreviations are accepted but must be written in full first. However I wrote IRB abbreviations first and not written 'Irish Republican Brotherhood' in full🙁🙁 will I get penalised? Any responses are much appreciated!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Exams 2017)
Hi, I sat my A2 Irish History paper on the 16th of June. I done the Easter Rising Essay. The question was 'The role of key individuals in the Irish Republican Brotherhood were the most important reason for the outbreak of the Easter Rising in 1916.'To what extent would you agree with this statement?' this sounds silly but I was reading on the CCEA website and it says how abbreviations are accepted but must be written in full first. However I wrote IRB abbreviations first and not written 'Irish Republican Brotherhood' in full🙁🙁 will I get penalised? Any responses are much appreciated!
They dont negative mark.
I think you will be fine as they are really only concerned if you use an abbreviation that isnt well known. Dont worry, they will know what you mean.
Exams 2017
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thank you so much for replying I really appreciate it! I also wrote IPP instead of Irish Parliamentary Party as well hopefully they do not penalise as IRB and IPP are well known abbreviations in Irish History
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (17)
20.48%
Unhappy (23)
27.71%
Conflicted (43)
51.81%

Watched Threads