The Student Room Group

What is the guy i'm dating doing???

I met a guy 2 months ago through a mutual friend. We exchanged numbers and social media and have spoken non-stop since. We went on two dates, both very successful with a lot of laughter and a connection. I slept with him on the second date and that seemed to only bring us closer.

He went on holiday and then away with work for about a month in total, so we couldn't meet up. He asked me to meet him as soon as he was back and we met for a third date - a full day out and then i stayed at his family home that night. I left the next morning after a goodbye kiss and then... nothing. No texts for 2 days, so I gave in and texted him to get a conversation going.

Since then, he takes hours and hours to open my messages and reply. But when he does, it's something to keep the conversation going eg questions or playful remarks that i'd reply to. It's just confusing that we've gone from sending 50-100 messages per day to no more than 5.

I've heard men sometimes pull away at this stage of dating so i'm trying to give him as much space as possible - i'm not bombarding him with messages, i only reply to his replies. It's been a week since our third date and he's still acting a bit withdrawn and i'm not sure how long this will last.

I suppose my question is - do you think there's hope that he just needs a bit of space to get his head straight and that he might come back to me? Or does it sound more likely that he's lost any feelings for me? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Original post by Anonymous
I met a guy 2 months ago through a mutual friend. We exchanged numbers and social media and have spoken non-stop since. We went on two dates, both very successful with a lot of laughter and a connection. I slept with him on the second date and that seemed to only bring us closer.

He went on holiday and then away with work for about a month in total, so we couldn't meet up. He asked me to meet him as soon as he was back and we met for a third date - a full day out and then i stayed at his family home that night. I left the next morning after a goodbye kiss and then... nothing. No texts for 2 days, so I gave in and texted him to get a conversation going.

Since then, he takes hours and hours to open my messages and reply. But when he does, it's something to keep the conversation going eg questions or playful remarks that i'd reply to. It's just confusing that we've gone from sending 50-100 messages per day to no more than 5.

I've heard men sometimes pull away at this stage of dating so i'm trying to give him as much space as possible - i'm not bombarding him with messages, i only reply to his replies. It's been a week since our third date and he's still acting a bit withdrawn and i'm not sure how long this will last.

I suppose my question is - do you think there's hope that he just needs a bit of space to get his head straight and that he might come back to me? Or does it sound more likely that he's lost any feelings for me? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Imo hes lost interest but he enjoyed sleeping with you.

If he was that interested then he would contact you more. Of he was busy he would explain why. That is just good manners and anyone can afford five minutes a day just to explain and apologise or keep things ticking over. Alternatively hes a poor communicator and selfish. I wouldnt pin your hopes on him, but see how it goes over the next few weeks. Dont chase..
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Imo hes lost interest but he enjoyed sleeping with you.

If he was that interested then he would contact you more. Of he was busy he would explain why. That is just good manners and anyone can afford five minutes a day just to explain and apologise or keep things ticking over. Alternatively hes a poor communicator and selfish. I wouldnt pin your hopes on him, but see how it goes over the next few weeks. Dont chase..

I think you might be right, but I can't help but remain hopeful.
Facebook annoyingly tells me when he's been active so I know he's deliberately not opening my messages for a few hours, but as i said he does reply eventually. Very confusing behaviour
Reply 3
Sounds like he wanted to get his end away and then decided he didn't want a relationship with you.
I think you were both on different pages in terms of what you wanted. It seems he wasn't looking for anything serious just someone to sleep with. This is why it's best to make it clear from the beginning what you want or perhaps what you'd HOPE for with that person. It can be off putting but perhaps that's a good thing, you'll avoid getting hurt and wasting your time on someone who doesn't take you seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending