The Student Room Group

So are curvy girls now considered skinny? Why can't a girl gain weight properly?

I'm curious at my job I got called skinny twice at work. We have a store/eatery we all eat at during breaks. Well this older woman was fat and taller than me and I was eating a bag of chips and some other junk the store doesn't really sell much quality food. Anyhow she turns to me and asks how I stay so skinny. I was completely offended I am not skinny I just don't have a muffin top or huge thighs I am 110 lbs and 5'1" I'm not in any shape or form underweight or near that weight. I am like a 36D (equivalent to a 32DDD) and I have a larger butt kind of like a vintage britney spears butt deffo not small. I mainly gain weight in my boobs and butt my waistline hips and thighs stay slim/flat. I look pretty much the same as I do 10-14 lbs heavier. Just with much more large boobs and butt. I got later that day another girl I talk to sometimes say I was model thin and we're the exact same size only thing is I hold my weight very differently. She's more a pear shapes has thick thighs hips and somewhat of a butt but slimmer up top. She doesn't describe herself as skinny nor fat.... Yet somehow I'm skinny? When we're practically the same weight only difference would be height. I mean how does it even make sense? I mean if thick thighs can disqualify someone as skinny surely triple D's can disqualify someone as skinny. I have been like 10 lbs heavier back at my previous job and people continued to call me skinny. I even asked a question like saying is kim kardashian considered "skinny"? Because at the time I was a very similar to that type of weight and the response was obviously she's not fat or skinny. I don't see how it's at all different for myself since I'm well within the healthy bmi weight?!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by JohnGreek
Fat birds are gonna be fat. Don't worry about her trying to mask her insecurity by putting herself as the reference point of 'normal' weight. It's an inner cry of her wanting to be seen and treated as regular-sized for life.

yeah but I didn't get how or why the girl who was basically my size also tried to say I was model thin when we are pretty much the same weight.
Reply 2
what bothered me was the girl who was my weight just taller and pear shaped. I mean people have different body shapes but I don't see how that determines who's skinny or not if we're the same weight you know? Yesterday she wore pretty form revealing clothing and I realized she wasn't much bigger than I am. It was odd hearing that from her personally.
Reply 3
of course she said I was model skinny. That's like emaciated. I don't look anymore emaciated than she does the only difference is I distribute more hourglass than she does. My mom is not even quite model skinny and that's more because her parents didn't feed her when she was a kid due to poverty. She doesn't want to be that way she has no choice. I don't think anyone wants to underweight in their right mind.
Reply 4
Omg. Never let yourself get worked up over what one person thinks or says about you.

You need to learn how to stop giving a **** what others think.
Reply 5
I know I'm not idk why someone would think that though.

I guess it really doesn't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest