Is it too late to apply for second year? Watch

JemmaW
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

As the question states, is it too late to apply for second year entry for this coming September? Or can I go through clearing?

Thanks 😀
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JemmaW)
Hello,

As the question states, is it too late to apply for second year entry for this coming September? Or can I go through clearing?

Thanks 😀
Clearing is for matching unplaced applicants with first year vacancies and so isn't usually appropriate for second year entry.

That doesn't mean you can't still apply but as with any second year entry application you need to contact the universities concerned directly BEFORE you apply
DDiveney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey

You are best of giving admissions a call.
I did that in February because I wanted to enter at the beginning of the second year, after I had to drop out a couple of years ago.

I spoke to them on a Monday and they said it shouldn't be a problem. I had to fill in a UCAS application and sent it of on the Thursday. Admissions emailed me straight away, asking to email them details about the course and modules I studied before and by Friday I had an unconditional offer.

Do it straight away so you can start the student finance application (if you need it).

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (360)
45.28%
No (84)
10.57%
I'm not old enough (351)
44.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed