Changing University's to start over Watch

laws8oy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just finished first year economics at UCL, I struggled with depression all year as a result of my university experience being lonely and unhappy with the city, the university and my social situation, I finished the year having failed 1.5 of 4 modules which meant I am unable to progress to the second year. I am able to retake the exams next year but I have decided to drop out and re apply elsewhere for the academic year starting 2018 as I want to start it all again and approach the whole experience differently elsewhere. Am I making the right decision? How do I go about this? And has anyone else experienced this, starting university again at 20.
evalilyXOX
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laws8oy)
Just finished first year economics at UCL, I struggled with depression all year as a result of my university experience being lonely and unhappy with the city, the university and my social situation, I finished the year having failed 1.5 of 4 modules which meant I am unable to progress to the second year. I am able to retake the exams next year but I have decided to drop out and re apply elsewhere for the academic year starting 2018 as I want to start it all again and approach the whole experience differently elsewhere. Am I making the right decision? How do I go about this? And has anyone else experienced this, starting university again at 20.
Im sorry to hear that this year at university has been tough for you. If you are that unhappy then maybe it is best that you give things another go somewhere else and have a fresh start.

I wouldn't worry about starting uni at 20 as there are plenty have done so at an older age.

Good luck in the decision you make !
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by laws8oy)
Gonna be restarting at 20 this year.

I'd say if you're struggling that much that it's affecting your mental health, then it probably is wise to reapply and take a year out. Buys you some time to really think about what you want in a uni given your current experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (0)
0%
They might tell the bully (0)
0%
I don't think they'd understand (0)
0%
It might lead to more bullying (0)
0%
There's nothing they could do (0)
0%

Watched Threads