Melian
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello everyone,

I will be studying International Journalism MA at Cardiff University. I am still awaiting allocation from University halls and I am pretty excited of starting a new life abroad. Btw sorry for my English because I am from Spain, hope to improve it by the time I will live in Cardiff

evalilyXOX
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Melian)
Hello everyone,

I will be studying International Journalism MA at Cardiff University. I am still awaiting allocation from University halls and I am pretty excited of starting a new life abroad. Btw sorry for my English because I am from Spain, hope to improve it by the time I will live in Cardiff

Welcome to TSR !

Wow that must be really exciting moving from Spain to Cardiff ! Out of curiosity, why did you decide to choose Cardiff ?
Melian
Rep:
?
(Original post by evalilyXOX)
Welcome to TSR !

Wow that must be really exciting moving from Spain to Cardiff ! Out of curiosity, why did you decide to choose Cardiff ?
Thank you!

Well, I have been working in Spain as a phone operator for a miserable salary (youth unemployment and precarious job way of life...) and I was wondering to live abroad again (I lived once in Italy and later in Moldova) so it is familiar to me studying and living in another country.

I chose Cardiff because it has such a good reputation regarding Journalism studies... I truly believe this MA will boost my CV and learn from the best. I couldn't find any Masters here in Spain which fit my needs. Also, they are expensive and I don't like University in my country.

I am very excited of starting this new adventure! I am bit scared about Brexit, about how people will see us, immigrants, moving to England... but I am moving there because unfourtunately in Spain there is no future.

Feel free to correct any English mistakes I make
evalilyXOX
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Melian)
Thank you!

Well, I have been working in Spain as a phone operator for a miserable salary (youth unemployment and precarious job way of life...) and I was wondering to live abroad again (I lived once in Italy and later in Moldova) so it is familiar to me studying and living in another country.

I chose Cardiff because it has such a good reputation regarding Journalism studies... I truly believe this MA will boost my CV and learn from the best. I couldn't find any Masters here in Spain which fit my needs. Also, they are expensive and I don't like University in my country.

I am very excited of starting this new adventure! I am bit scared about Brexit, about how people will see us, immigrants, moving to England... but I am moving there because unfourtunately in Spain there is no future.

Feel free to correct any English mistakes I make
Wow a masters in journalism sounds really interesting ! My family is originally from Wales but i have always lived in Scotland. I wouldn't worry about how you might be perceived as a foreign student as Cardiff is a very welcoming place.
Melian
Rep:
?
(Original post by evalilyXOX)
Wow a masters in journalism sounds really interesting ! My family is originally from Wales but i have always lived in Scotland. I wouldn't worry about how you might be perceived as a foreign student as Cardiff is a very welcoming place.
Yup, it was one of my dreams to accomplish postgraduate studies abroad and I see Cardiff as a perfect place for me I am so nervous and counting the days of my arrival...

I hope also to improve my English by meeting British and international students there

thank you for your words
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads