The Student Room Group

Finance 2 months early - studying abroad

I am going to be studying abroad but will not arrive until late September (term time is from the 1st of October), however student finance are supposed to be paying me in August, almost 2 months in advanced.

Does anyone know if I will get the finance in August or will it not come through until I start my course? I am doing the Erasmus program if that helps.

I know it says on the student finance website and paper work that you won't get payments until you start the course, but because of plane tickets I thought that maybe they might pay earlier.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Matchoo95
I am going to be studying abroad but will not arrive until late September (term time is from the 1st of October), however student finance are supposed to be paying me in August, almost 2 months in advanced.

Does anyone know if I will get the finance in August or will it not come through until I start my course? I am doing the Erasmus program if that helps.

I know it says on the student finance website and paper work that you won't get payments until you start the course, but because of plane tickets I thought that maybe they might pay earlier.

Hi Matchoo95,

If we have brought the payments forward already due to studying abroad then we will make the payments on that date and not the original date in September.

Warm regards.
Original post by Gerard SFE
Hi Matchoo95,

If we have brought the payments forward already due to studying abroad then we will make the payments on that date and not the original date in September.

Warm regards.

Brilliant, thanks for the response Gerard!
Have a nice day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending