The Student Room Group

Alevels special consideration question

Does anyone know when the deadline is for special consideration for AQA ALevels?

I told my teacher I was going to the doctors today to get the note, however there's been a delay and the GP practise thinks it will take about 3 days to get it out to me. She said that I should get it as soon as I can but I'm worried about being too late.

I can't seem to find the deadline online but there must be some sort of cut off, does anybody know when it is?
Original post by qwertyuiop786
Does anyone know when the deadline is for special consideration for AQA ALevels?

I told my teacher I was going to the doctors today to get the note, however there's been a delay and the GP practise thinks it will take about 3 days to get it out to me. She said that I should get it as soon as I can but I'm worried about being too late.

I can't seem to find the deadline online but there must be some sort of cut off, does anybody know when it is?

Its normally seven days after your final exam, but they have discretion.

Imo you should lodge the application now and send along your Drs letter when you have it.

Your exam officer should know what to do plus the deadlines.

Obviously you can just ring AQA and take their advice.

I wouldnt be worried though.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/special-consideration
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Its normally seven days after your final exam, but they have discretion.

Imo you should lodge the application now and send along your Drs letter when you have it.

Your exam officer should know what to do plus the deadlines.

Obviously you can just ring AQA and take their advice.

I wouldnt be worried though.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/special-consideration

Just checked the link and saw "The last date to submit special consideration requests for the summer 2017 series is 29 July 2017."
Thank you very much, I missed that before!
Original post by qwertyuiop786
Just checked the link and saw "The last date to submit special consideration requests for the summer 2017 series is 29 July 2017."
Thank you very much, I missed that before!

From the JCQ rules its meant to be 7 days after your last exam, so check you are still within time with AQA. Your application must go through the school and your exam officer should be handling it all. Co ordinate with them.
Reply 4
There's no point talking to AQA, they won't deal with you directly. The person you need to make sure knows is your school's exams officer as she will be submitting the application. However, are you sure you even need a doctor's note? Unless they saw you when you were actually ill it is of no real benefit and you don't need it.
Reply 5
Original post by Compost
There's no point talking to AQA, they won't deal with you directly. The person you need to make sure knows is your school's exams officer as she will be submitting the application. However, are you sure you even need a doctor's note? Unless they saw you when you were actually ill it is of no real benefit and you don't need it.

Yep they needed some evidence that I had seen the doctor and had medication. I managed to get a hold of my exams officer so thanks for the help. The deadline is tomorrow so I contacted her just in time. I believe she is filing for it tomorrow and then will add the letter when it comes through.

Quick Reply

Latest