Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Bill Gates warned of 'huge' number of migrants waiting to come to Europe

He said generosity of European leaders will only encourage more to come

61-year-old said Europe must make it more difficult for people to cross border

Instead he suggested spending more money on foreign aid to treat the problem

Speaking in an interview with the German Welt am Sonntag newspaper, he said: 'On the one hand you want to demonstrate generosity and take in refugees. 'But the more generous you are, the more word gets around about this — which in turn motivates more people to leave Africa. 'Germany cannot possibly take in the huge number of people who are wanting to make their way to Europe.'

He added: 'Europe must make it more difficult for Africans to reach the continent via the current transit routes.'
Dot.Cotton
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you going to boycott Microsoft now, liberals? Are you going to throw away your laptops? Fantastic to see such an influential man speak out against the migrants, even if he is a liberal do-gooder for the most part.
james.proctor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There is a difference between migration and refugees.

No one is suggesting an open-door refugee policy. These people are some of the most vetted in the world, and we owe it to at least some, to house and protect them from the damage often done by Westerners (either by the Empire or more closer to history).
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Syrian Refugees... Yes

African Economic Migrants..... No

It really should be that simple.
Sarahsez
Rep:
?
(Original post by asgard22)
You're an idiot if you think the majority of liberals want open borders and allow all migrants in. They want refugees, not economic migrants. ****ing UKIP tool.
Lol jokes on you.Majority of these migrants are not genuine refugees.Since when have Tunisia , Pakistan, morocco been to war etc?the people coming in are economic migrants
stefano865
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
Syrian Refugees... Yes

People say this but soon complain about tuition fees and higher taxes. smh
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
There you go mixing up migrants with refugees. The majority are economic migrants about 60% and they get deported. I expect that is much higher from Africa as opposed to those fleeing Syria. They dont have open door migration in Europe so yet again your thread is just scaremongering.

The EU has switched its efforts to foreign aid and refugee camps in Turkey as well as foreign Aid to Africa, so they are doing what Gates suggested, but he doesnt appear to know that.
Conservationofmass
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're an idiot if you think the majority of liberals want open borders and allow all migrants in. They want refugees, not economic migrants. ****ing UKIP tool.
Yeah but they call most economic migrants refugee's, most are african and young males.... Most liberals are liberal for the sake of open borders to benefit their liberal market beliefs.
asgard22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sarahsez)
Lol jokes on you.Majority of these migrants are not genuine refugees.Since when have Tunisia , Pakistan, morocco been to war etc?the people coming in are economic migrants
Well done for pointing out a well known fact. Do you want a medal?

40% are genuine refugees and this is what liberals want. Not economic migrants.
asgard22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by stefano865)
People say this but soon complain about tuition fees and higher taxes. smh
How much do you think letting in syrian refugees cost? I
Aeternit Imperi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well done for pointing out a well known fact. Do you want a medal?

40% are genuine refugees and this is what liberals want. Not economic migrants.
"40% are genuine refugees"
What? The "child" 30+ year old fighting-aged men refugees?
asgard22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
There you go mixing up migrants with refugees. The majority are economic migrants about 60% and they get deported. I expect that is much higher from Africa as opposed to those fleeing Syria. They dont have open door migration in Europe so yet again your thread is just scaremongering.

The EU has switched its efforts to foreign aid and refugee camps in Turkey as well as foreign Aid to Africa, so they are doing what Gates suggested, but he doesnt appear to know that.
Exactly, the EU have gotten much stricter but people don't even know
james.proctor
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
Syrian Refugees... Yes

(Original post by Sarahsez)
There are currently civil wars in Mozambique, Nigeri, Pakistan and Mali to name a few. Why are these civil wars any less important than Syria? An innocent death, is an innocent death is an innocent death.
stefano865
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How much do you think letting in syrian refugees cost? I

Actually rather a lot.
jkls92
Badges: 20
Report 2 years ago
We should close Schengen.
Sarahsez
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)

Bill Gates has said this.You know one of the most successful and intelligent person of our time but ofcourse a nerdy student on TSR scratching his balls knows better.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by usualsuspects)
We should close Schengen.
Lol why? We arent even in it.
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by james.proctor)
There are currently civil wars in Mozambique, Nigeri, Pakistan and Mali to name a few. Why are these civil wars any less important than Syria? An innocent death, is an innocent death is an innocent death.
Because we are not directly responsible for making these people homeless, we are for the Syrians, therefore it is our responsibility to home them and give them refuge.
asgard22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by stefano865)
Actually rather a lot.
You seem to think allowing syrian refugees (a few 1000) is somehow going to put enough strain to the point where we need to raise taxes. That simple mindedness is just stupidity.
stefano865
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You seem to think allowing syrian refugees (a few 1000) is somehow going to put enough strain to the point where we need to raise taxes. That simple mindedness is just stupidity.

We're not talking about a few 1000.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads