The Student Room Group

Are people put off by non-drinkers?

Seems like not being a drinker lowers my chances of being attractive.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am a non-drinker and I do not care if people are put off by non-drinkers or not. I am not going to start drinking so others like me more.
I would never not be friends with someone because they don't drink however I would get along better with someone who drinks because they have a similar pastime to me.
I don't drink and I don't give a darn about whether people dislike me because of that.
Reply 4
Online dating stats (which is where this is from, Hinge) are usually skewed anyway.

I don't really care tbh, but I do think smoking and weed are the big turn offs.
Possibly because drinkers are stereotyped as being more outgoing/popular, I wouldn't worry about statistics on the internet. I know plenty of people and plenty of reasons why non drinking is more attractive
Original post by GodAtum

Seems like not being a drinker lowers my chances of being attractive.

Are you being serious right now?

I drink and no it doesn't put me off
I don't consider non-drinkers real citizens.
In all honesty if someone tells me they dont drink alcohol I instantly dont trust them. They are probs stuckup control freaks waiting to stab you in the back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Got Milk
In all honesty if someone tells me they dont drink alcohol I instantly dont trust them. They are probs stuckup control freaks waiting to stab you in the back.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Or, you know, they just don't like the taste or the feeling you get after a few drinks
Great information, Thanks For Sharing.
Drinkers are threatened by non-drinkers cause they'll remember all the stupid s*** everyone else has done :tongue:
Us non-drinkers are great, we're the one person that can always be relied upon to get everyone home safely.
Reply 13
I'm just envious. You spend far less and do fewer regrettable things. I just can't bring myself not to drink in a social situation...and at home...anyone got a drink? Please?
Original post by Got Milk

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? This is the dumbest thing I've heard. People choose to not drink because of religious reasons, bad personal experiences with alcohol, because they do not wish to lose consciousness or their ability to form a coherent train of thought, or even simply because they do not like the taste of alcohol. So get your facts straight, honey.
No, they're jealous of them. Alcohol makes you ugly, unhealthy, mentally unstable and poor.

People hate those who are healthy, good looking, smart, rich, in great shape etc. Same thing.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Us non-drinkers are great, we're the one person that can always be relied upon to get everyone home safely.

True but they don't miss a chance to pontificate about that either.
Honestly? Yeah. Not necessarily the attractive thing but I'm definitely turned off by non drinkers. I don't want someone who constantly drinks or wants to get pissed every night but I like being able to just enjoy a few beers or something. And getting drunk occasionally with your partner is fun.
Original post by applesforme
True but they don't miss a chance to pontificate about that either.

What? I've never known anyone to be like this.

Edit: On a side note, it's interesting to read through this thread and see that there's a fair few people who will judge you for not drinking alcohol without knowing the reasons as to why you choose not to.
(edited 6 years ago)
Better gains if you don't drink bro.

Quick Reply

Latest