Biology A-Level NEW Specification Help

Watch this thread
silentlystudying
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey, I was wondering if anybody was able to explain how to actually use the specification to figure out what I do need to know or not.
The first piece of 'content' to know is:
"The variety of life, both past and present, is extensive, but the biochemical basis of life is similar for all living things," which I feel does not make any sense to me at all, the way it is worded is very different to how the GCSE Spec was worded since that was straight forward
kiiten
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by notgonnasaymisha)
Hey, I was wondering if anybody was able to explain how to actually use the specification to figure out what I do need to know or not.
The first piece of 'content' to know is:
"The variety of life, both past and present, is extensive, but the biochemical basis of life is similar for all living things," which I feel does not make any sense to me at all, the way it is worded is very different to how the GCSE Spec was worded since that was straight forward
Under each section there is a table that says 'content' and 'Opportunities for skills development'. Make sure you understand the content in the table and the skills (and how to apply them).

I used to use the spec and CGP revision guide. For almost all the sentences on the spec content there is a small paragraph which explains it in the revision guide.

Hope this helps
silentlystudying
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by kiiten)
Under each section there is a table that says 'content' and 'Opportunities for skills development'. Make sure you understand the content in the table and the skills (and how to apply them).

I used to use the spec and CGP revision guide. For almost all the sentences on the spec content there is a small paragraph which explains it in the revision guide.

Hope this helps
I never knew that, I actually bought the CGP revision guide for the subjects I want to study so hopefully i'll work it out, thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads