The Student Room Group

Visiting an admissions tutor in person?

Hi guys,

I an currently interested in a course however according to ucas only students from outside the EU can currently apply.

I called the university to find out whether I could make a late application ( I had recently left another course at the beginning of 2017 and so didn't apply at the proper deadline) but they said that the course was full and that there was only a small chance that it would be in clearing on results day, however by then presumably a lot of other people would be calling up etc and any advantage of already having my grades would be gone.

As I am 20 years old and old enough as is I really can't be waiting to apply for the course next January so I was considering just turning up at the admission tutors office in person during his office hours and making my case ( I really want to do this course and nowhere else really offers it) but would that be considered rude/ harrassment and possibly futile if I attempted this?

Thanks to anyone who got to the end of this.
Original post by Lostintheecho24
Hi guys,

I an currently interested in a course however according to ucas only students from outside the EU can currently apply.

I called the university to find out whether I could make a late application ( I had recently left another course at the beginning of 2017 and so didn't apply at the proper deadline) but they said that the course was full and that there was only a small chance that it would be in clearing on results day, however by then presumably a lot of other people would be calling up etc and any advantage of already having my grades would be gone.

As I am 20 years old and old enough as is I really can't be waiting to apply for the course next January so I was considering just turning up at the admission tutors office in person during his office hours and making my case ( I really want to do this course and nowhere else really offers it) but would that be considered rude/ harrassment and possibly futile if I attempted this?

Thanks to anyone who got to the end of this.

Sounds like a bad idea to me. depends how you do it. Clearing is open today anyway.
This sounds like a bad idea- at best, you could email him and ask to arrange a meeting to discuss it but I think it would just come off as pushy tbh. And 20 is not that old!

Latest

Trending

Trending