Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
I was on a pill (Dianette) for a month, until my doctor decided to move me onto another one (Rigevidon). I got put on Rig during my week off of Dianette, so I proceeded to take the first pill when the week was up. However, reading the instructions, it said that I shouldn't have left a gap. This was impossible for me as I was prescribed Rig during the gap.
So far I've taken one month of Rig, and during this time due to this I've made sure my boyfriend and I have used other forms of contraception. However, now that I've been on it for a month (I'm currently on my gap), do you think once I start the next course of drugs we'll be okay to rely just on the pill?
Thank you for any responses
greghayes
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi
I was on a pill (Dianette) for a month, until my doctor decided to move me onto another one (Rigevidon). I got put on Rig during my week off of Dianette, so I proceeded to take the first pill when the week was up. However, reading the instructions, it said that I shouldn't have left a gap. This was impossible for me as I was prescribed Rig during the gap.
So far I've taken one month of Rig, and during this time due to this I've made sure my boyfriend and I have used other forms of contraception. However, now that I've been on it for a month (I'm currently on my gap), do you think once I start the next course of drugs we'll be okay to rely just on the pill?
Thank you for any responses
Ok, my first thing would be to not just rely on the pill! Make sure you're using a condom as the pill, implant, etc. can't protect you against STDs.

The pill takes only a week or so until it becomes effective as a form of contraception so you should be fine using it by now. As for the gap, it won't matter too much. It's basically to keep your cycle regulated so your period may be off and it won't work as a contraceptive, but it'll be fine now as it's been a whole cycle since then.
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, after a month, you're fine.

There was no need to take the new one immediately - both are combined pills, and that 'take immediately' advice is really for people switching from a progesterone only one.

Obviously the pill does not provide any protection against STIs, but I presume you've talked about that with your partner.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by greghayes)
Ok, my first thing would be to not just rely on the pill! Make sure you're using a condom as the pill, implant, etc. can't protect you against STDs.

The pill takes only a week or so until it becomes effective as a form of contraception so you should be fine using it by now. As for the gap, it won't matter too much. It's basically to keep your cycle regulated so your period may be off and it won't work as a contraceptive, but it'll be fine now as it's been a whole cycle since then.
My partner and I are both monogamous and clean so we're not worried about STIs
Anonymous #1
(Original post by unprinted)
Yes, after a month, you're fine.

There was no need to take the new one immediately - both are combined pills, and that 'take immediately' advice is really for people switching from a progesterone only one.

Obviously the pill does not provide any protection against STIs, but I presume you've talked about that with your partner.
We're both clear of STI's, it was pregnancy we were looking at avoiding! Thanks for the advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (278)
48.01%
No (66)
11.4%
I'm not old enough (235)
40.59%

Watched Threads