alevels2k17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Heyy so I just got the date for my first interview I have zero idea what I should doooo, any tips?! I know I should study my personal statement very well but other than that should I carry out further research on pharmacy!! Idkkk where to start I'm so scared.. I have no idea how it'll be like (the course is pharmacy)
username3003686
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Okay so I never applied to De Montfort but i did interviews for UCL, Manchester, and Sussex and there is kind of a common trend with MPharm interviews.

1. understand medical ethics. This comes up in like every interview. They most likely will ask you how you would react in scenarios. For example one that i got was like "If you're working at a pharmacy and your colleague come to work drunk what would you do?" Stuff like making patients your number one priority, honest and respectful behavior, etc..
I personally recommend doing some ukcat practice from the ethical scenarios section because it's all the same for doctors and pharmacists.

2. Questions about you obvs. Very common ones to expect and Good ones to prepare for are
-why do you want to study at our uni
-why do you want to study pharmacy
-What qualities do you have that would make you a good pharmacist OR what qualities do you think make a good pharmacist
-What is the difference between medicine and pharmacy
- How do you think other people would describe you as a person (Manchester asked me this and kind of caught me off guard but i still got through well)
-What are some things you've done to prep for pharmacy, what are some of your achievements, personal statement stuff basically.

3. sometimes they will ask you things related to drugs themselves. Not all unis, but some. Questions I got were like:
- name (insert number) drugs and their uses
- what are other ways of taking meds besides pills and syrups
- why are there other ways of taking meds
stuff like that. This was mainly manchester tho.

Some unis do like calculation tests and stuff too just to give you a heads up, but thats not part of face to face interviews.

Good luck!
alevels2k17
Rep:
?
(Original post by kqsruno)
Okay so I never applied to De Montfort but i did interviews for UCL, Manchester, and Sussex and there is kind of a common trend with MPharm interviews.

1. understand medical ethics. This comes up in like every interview. They most likely will ask you how you would react in scenarios. For example one that i got was like "If you're working at a pharmacy and your colleague come to work drunk what would you do?" Stuff like making patients your number one priority, honest and respectful behavior, etc..
I personally recommend doing some ukcat practice from the ethical scenarios section because it's all the same for doctors and pharmacists.

2. Questions about you obvs. Very common ones to expect and Good ones to prepare for are
-why do you want to study at our uni
-why do you want to study pharmacy
-What qualities do you have that would make you a good pharmacist OR what qualities do you think make a good pharmacist
-What is the difference between medicine and pharmacy
- How do you think other people would describe you as a person (Manchester asked me this and kind of caught me off guard but i still got through well)
-What are some things you've done to prep for pharmacy, what are some of your achievements, personal statement stuff basically.

3. sometimes they will ask you things related to drugs themselves. Not all unis, but some. Questions I got were like:
- name (insert number) drugs and their uses
- what are other ways of taking meds besides pills and syrups
- why are there other ways of taking meds
stuff like that. This was mainly manchester tho.

Some unis do like calculation tests and stuff too just to give you a heads up, but thats not part of face to face interviews.

Good luck!
omg thanks sooo much that was very helpful...

the topics i mentioned in my personal statement i probably need to study them really well right?
username3003686
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pondsteps)
omg thanks sooo much that was very helpful...

the topics i mentioned in my personal statement i probably need to study them really well right?
Yeah because I mean it basically will help with the questions related to you. Make sure you can elaborate on stuff and know how you can like tie things back to qualities that would make you good at pharmacy/ or how your experiences helped you gain interest and devotion to the course

ALSO DON'T FORGET TO BE YOURSELF!! if they ask you questions you arent prepared for that's the only thing you can do. So while preparing for some answers, make sure your answers are genuine, otherwise they will see right through you if they catch you off guard.
alevels2k17
Rep:
?
okay what about when they ask why this university ?? what do i say
username3003686
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pondsteps)
okay what about when they ask why this university ?? what do i say
well I can't tell you exactly what to say obviously, but just be genuine. Don't start with things like rank and reputation. Go on the uni website and look at the course structure and see if you like anything about it. maybe look at opportunities the university gives i.e. russel group schools are research intensive so one could talk about how they are interested in research opportunities. maybe you like where the uni is located. you could talk about societies youre interested to join, level of diversity in the student body etc...
I know this can be a more difficult question especially when it's a university that isnt like your top choice, so if that's the case then you could go along with stuff like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (410)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (319)
43.76%

Watched Threads