Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No, you read it in the wrong tone, I don't personally have anything against humanity. But does it ever depress you that your life is microscopic in cosmic terms, and you'll never get to see how it all wraps up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    No, you read it in the wrong tone, I don't personally have anything against humanity. But does it ever depress you that your life is microscopic in cosmic terms, and you'll never get to see how it all wraps up?
    I want to see what it will be like when the sun explodes or we're struck by a huge comet. But then again, if reincarnation exists, maybe you will?

ReputationRep:
    Yes

This reminds me of my death thread. Noooo, don't want to think about it again!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:..man...u think too intensely!!!!....

(I'd hate to be there near the end of the world!!!)

Can I ask what made u think of such a thing all of a sudden?!!!

ReputationRep:
    [SINISTER] You will, fishpaste, you will... [/SINISTER]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I want to see what it will be like when the sun explodes or we're struck by a huge comet. But then again, if reincarnation exists, maybe you will?
    That would be awesome. I mean of course, certain death and mass suffering would be upsetting, but it's an experience and that's what it's about right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Yes

This reminds me of my death thread. Noooo, don't want to think about it again!
    sorry

ReputationRep:
    yeah...i want to see history unfold..see history being made, all you see in a lifetime is a minute snap-shot. i'm not too bothered to see the world end tbh..humans prob wont last that long anyway..

ReputationRep:
    Well...this is a right uplifting thread isn't it?

*sobs uncontrollably*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    :eek:..man...u think too intensely!!!!....

(I'd hate to be there near the end of the world!!!)

Can I ask what made u think of such a thing all of a sudden?!!!
    Just talking about Islam and the debate forum, and wondering how all that stuff will turn out. I'm thinking about my grandad who died before the millenium, wouldn't it be weird to not know what happened in the millenium changeover?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    [SINISTER] You will, fishpaste, you will... [/SINISTER]
    I love you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    Well...this is a right uplifting thread isn't it?

*sobs uncontrollably*
    *hugs u*..awww..don't worry abt weird thing :rolleyes: ...

(I LOVE ur avatar...its shoooo cute!!!!...where'd u get it ?)

ReputationRep:
    That would be awesome. I mean of course, certain death and mass suffering would be upsetting, but it's an experience and that's what it's about right?
    Yeh. I'm jealous of those people who live in the age when the sun might explode. It would add excitement to everyday. Will it be today? Willl it be tomorrow? Or just see that tiny dot in the sky get larger and larger, and one day the sky gets darker and darker, and the ground shakes. It's not all that upsetting. Just exciting.

ReputationRep:
    It's also the fact that we won't be able to find out all the new discoveries about our universe. I'd want to know if our sun really does what is predicted or there's some deeper darker truth about the whole matter...etc.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Is "thinking too much" a common thing among (tries to think of a non-cocky sounding way to say this) intellectually minded (such as the majority of this board) people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose in Bloom)
    *hugs u*..awww..don't worry abt weird thing :rolleyes: ...

(I LOVE ur avatar...its shoooo cute!!!!...where'd u get it ?)

To be honest, I cant remember where I got it from, I found it years ago...

it is great though isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah.

Philosophy is an affliction, like some sort of peverse disease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Is "thinking too much" a common thing among (tries to think of a non-cocky sounding way to say this) intellectually minded (such as the majority of this board) people?
    No. We just like to ponder on the future death of all humanity over a cup of hot chocolate before bedtime.

ReputationRep:
    Just talking about Islam and the debate forum, and wondering how all that stuff will turn out. I'm thinking about my grandad who died before the millenium, wouldn't it be weird to not know what happened in the millenium changeover?
    yeah one does wonder at times...But from an islamic point of view, I'd HATE to be around in the days near the day of judgement....
    Many terrible things r supposed to happen..(Azab from Allah- know as Alamat il Qiyama)...I want to die a peaceful death!!!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.