Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    Hell yeah.

Philosophy is an affliction, like some sort of peverse disease.
    :confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    To be honest, I cant remember where I got it from, I found it years ago...

it is great though isn't it?
    Yeah its lovely...cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Is "thinking too much" a common thing among (tries to think of a non-cocky sounding way to say this) intellectually minded (such as the majority of this board) people?
    I'm glad it's not just me! I think so much it depresses me everytime I start. I doubt it's due to being intellectual though - I think it's just an insanity thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    No. We just like to ponder on the future death of all humanity over a cup of hot chocolate before bedtime.
    Is it just me or do people usually end up thinking things like this more often at night time?

I get so panicky and terrified and upset about these things when it's dark but it the sunny afternoon I am never so worried!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Is it just me or do people usually end up thinking things like this more often at night time?

I get so panicky and terrified and upset about these things when it's dark but it the sunny afternoon I am never so worried!
    Yeh, I'm invincible in the morning, but when it's dark, oh no!!

ReputationRep:
    One good thing that came out of thinking about this is realising that I tend to get used by someone and if I don't want to do something I shouldn't just blankly go along with everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    Hell yeah.

Philosophy is an affliction, like some sort of peverse disease.
    like religion

man is born ignorant...education makes him stupid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    One good thing that came out of thinking about this is realising that I tend to get used by someone and if I don't want to do something I shouldn't just blankly go along with everything.
    I told you, you didn't HAVE TO sing to me.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't all this stuff about the sun exploding a little optimistic? We'd have to make it through the next five billion years first. We've only been around for two million. The dinosaurs lasted sixty-five million. Fish paste may not have to survive as long as all that after all ...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.