Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR GCSE French watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got an A (despite barely being predicted a C) and was wondering what other candidates analysis of the exams were.

I found the listening quite easy apart from the last bit about the guys ideal world, the reading very difficult, although aparently i got 80/90 for my uniform mark.

What did you think of it and what were you marks?

ReputationRep:
    It was the same for me. I found the reading really difficult and got 80/90, which I also got on the speaking. My teacher even said that she wouldn't predict me higher than a B because it was unrealistic! I think it makes the A even sweeter

ReputationRep:
    Same. I'm suprised about my CW mark though (62/90) as my teacher spent most of the year telling me that it wasn't possible that i did it myself because it was perfect. (after I had spent 4 nights painstakingly checking the grammar accents and spelling:-()

Overall I am slightly confused because I have done well in things that I never though I would and not very well in my CW.

Thats why I was wondering how everyone found the exam generally, because either it was very easy (not in my oppinion) or it was some kind of fluke.

ReputationRep:
    all i can say first, is that i'm fsking over the mooooon with french. i really wanted to be able to continue it to alevel, and pre-results was determined i wouldnt get the minimum B required, more like a D. my interest in the language came too late, and my 0 grammar knowledge reflected in the exam, so something must have gone right.

but anywah, i did AQA french. coursework gets submitted for writing, reading was joyfully easy. speaking was as hard as speaking usually is for me, i'm a confident talker but come the whole exam scenario i just go weird. tenses were at points wrong, and some of the things i said (i wear a skirt?! i love my friend?!;//) were stupid. listening for me was awfully hard, but it was for everyone else i encountered too which probally led to some fiddling on AQA's part. AQA are mongs and dont publish marks, it'd be great if they did because then i could specific on a certain aspect of the language in time for september, i'll see if i can get the breakdowns from my teacher at some point.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.