QuantumPotato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello. For any current or former undergrad aeronautical/aerospace engineering students of any university, I should I best prepare for upcoming courses in first year at Imperial?
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You won't need to do any prep, relax and enjoy your summer.

If you really want to do something then do something hands on like programming, arduino stuff, build a RC plane/helicopter/quadcopter, etc.
bigboateng_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Follow thenewboston python 3 tutorials on YouTube then follow it by pygame 2d game development by sentdex. Not that you want to become a game developer, but it gets you to apply the stuff you learnt from the generic tutorials and also using maths like vectors, matrices etc.

If you didn’t do further maths I’ll recommend you do the chapter on complex numbers in edexcel FP2 and matrices in FP1 & FP3. Examsolutions has videos on them. They’re like the main maths you’ll use throughout the course.
QuantumPotato
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by bigboateng_)
Follow thenewboston python 3 tutorials on YouTube then follow it by pygame 2d game development by sentdex. Not that you want to become a game developer, but it gets you to apply the stuff you learnt from the generic tutorials and also using maths like vectors, matrices etc.

If you didn’t do further maths I’ll recommend you do the chapter on complex numbers in edexcel FP2 and matrices in FP1 & FP3. Examsolutions has videos on them. They’re like the main maths you’ll use throughout the course.
Thanks that helps

I did AQA Further maths up to FP3 only, the matrices are in FP4 which I'm going through now. If you have anymore information on the maths and mechanics please do post.
username938249
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by QuantumPotato)
Hello. For any current or former undergrad aeronautical/aerospace engineering students of any university, I should I best prepare for upcoming courses in first year at Imperial?
You will have a Maths test in your first week and I believe the department will send you some material to prepare for it. There is nothing complicated in there and if you did Further Maths you will be fine.

The best preparation would be to relax over the summer, because you won't have much time to do that doing Aero at Imperial. If you really want to do something I would recommend programming (e.g. Python), especially if you've never done it before, as a lot of freshers struggle with that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads