Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    which degree out of them both would you consider:

1. the most interesting
    2. will end in the easiest job (less physical work)
    3. will result in the best paid job
    4. is the hardest degree

thanks just i cant decide which to do so need ure opinions

ReputationRep:
    Do Econ!!!

ReputationRep:
    1. Economics
    2. I really don't know.
    3. Economics!!
    4. Economics

Do Economics. You know it makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)

1. the most interesting
    4. is the hardest degree

Economics...

ReputationRep:
    yea but reason im stuck for choice is that i think psychology is gonna be a lot more interesting expecially if i become a psychologist (which will in this case involve good pay)

however seems boring but will end in a really good job. i wouldnt know though since ive not experienced doing the degree yet but was hoping some of u who have done the degrees could decide for me :rolleyes:

1. the most interesting
    4. is the hardest degree

go for psych. it's fun and straightforward in my opinion. Leads to a vast range of jobs cos of the great amount of skills u get: experimental, stats, knowledge of human behoaviour etc etc and if you wanna be a professional psychologist, when ur more experienced, you will probably be quite well -off too! lol (-this is coming from me who decided not to go for psych at the last min!) lol

ReputationRep:
    To be honest a psychologists pay isnt all that great when you add the postgrad fees you'll have to pay to become a psychologist. It also takes several years and a lot of dedication and commitment as its very competitive. However a psych degree can lead to a variety of other jobs but if your thinking primarily of money then it seems economics is very profitable

(Original post by frost105)
    To be honest a psychologistd pay isnt all that great whn you add the postgrad fees you'll have to pay to become a psychologist. it also takes several years and a lot of dedication and commitment as its very competitive. However a psych degree can lead to a varieety of other jobs but if your thinking primarily of money then it seems economics is very profitable
    Economics= (yawn)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Skye~)
    Economics= (yawn)
    I agree! I'm gonna be a psychologist!

(Original post by frost105)
    I agree! I'm gonna be a psychologist!
    Nice one. [Skye has spoken...lololol]Go for it! Wish you luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Skye~)
    Nice one. [Skye has spoken...lololol]Go for it! Wish you luck!
    wot experience do you need to be a clinical psychologist

ReputationRep:

1. the most interesting
    4. is the hardest degree

OMG! The Devil himself with the 'upside-down 999' posts!

ReputationRep:
    I was told that employers in general regard psychology and geography degrees most highly, as their graduates have both good mathematical/scientific skills and have learnt how to write well. Psychology rules!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Laura*)
    I was told that employers in general regard psychology and geography degrees most highly, as their graduates have both good mathematical/scientific skills and have learnt how to write well. Psychology rules!
    HAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    wot experience do you need to be a clinical psychologist
    After your degree it is generally expected you have 2 years of experience as a assistant psychologist. I would suggest doing lots of volunteer work in as many places as possible to get experience eg. hospitol, drug service, police, hospice, womens shelter (if ur a woman)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    HAHAHAHA

It's true. Maths and English degress etc are more specific...they only teach you key skills in one area, whereas paychology and geography cover the whole range. I'm not saying they the best degrees to get a job though...but if you don't yet know what you want to go into, they have the key skills employers look for.

ReputationRep:
    It's true. Maths and English degress etc are more specific...they only teach you key skills in one area, whereas paychology and geography cover the whole range. I'm not saying they the best degrees to get a job though...but if you don't yet know what you want to go into, they have the key skills employers look for.
    Couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:

1. the most interesting
    4. is the hardest degree

1.psychology
    2.depends what you do...prob economics
    3.economics
    4.both.lol.perhaps psychology?

ReputationRep:
    Economics has more maths than geography and psychology and being a social science has plenty of written communications too.

ReputationRep:

1. the most interesting
    4. is the hardest degree
    Economics

Also you must consider the amount of people taking psychology, the market will be saturated if all the people taking it carry on with it and the demand for psychology places is still increasing. If you have to ask the question taking psychology may not be a good idea, I know a couple of students and the students in the course seem to be split between people who love the subject and want to help people regardless of pay and those who are taking it because they have heard it is easy and think it will lead to money.

I'm considering changing to economics after my first year of computing but haven't seen any statistics for the number of students applying but I assume it’s much lower. I met one or two people who took it last year and 20 who were taking psychology. You may also get a higher student/staff ratio in psychology; there were 400 first years at Plymouth last year.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 19, 2004

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.