Do I have to pay for prescriptions?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
People aged 16-18 and in full time education are allowed to have free prescriptions and dental care.

Would I still be classed as being in full time education, since I've just finished A Levels and have a conditional offer for uni? Or would I have to pay for the summer until my uni place becomes confirmed?

Bonus points for anecdotal experience, ty
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it's free til your results day but not entirely sure. You do have to pay in university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fxlloutboyy)
I You do have to pay in university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not if you're under 19.

Going to move this one to Health
Amefish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
Not if you're under 19.

Going to move this one to Health
Thanks, wasn't sure where it needed to go!

Thanks
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amefish)
People aged 16-18 and in full time education are allowed to have free prescriptions and dental care.
The back of the prescription:

... aged 16, 17 or 18 and in full time education. We say that in the summer if the person is planning on continuing education then they can claim until the day before their 19th birthday
zaraiqbal18
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah it should be still free as you have a place to go in september
Amefish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Good bloke)
The back of the prescription:

... aged 16, 17 or 18 and in full time education. We say that in the summer if the person is planning on continuing education then they can claim until the day before their 19th birthday
Thanks a lot
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amefish)

Would I still be classed as being in full time education, since I've just finished A Levels and have a conditional offer for uni? Or would I have to pay for the summer until my uni place becomes confirmed?

Bonus points for anecdotal experience, ty
It technically is fine till you hit 19
(I work in a pharmacy)
Mabellerhouse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You only have to pay at university if you are over 19 years of age. Under the NHS regulations “full time education” does include University, not just college etc. So if you’re 18 and a university student then it’s free still. You just may be asked for proof of study.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm closing this thread because it is old and that gets confusing. If anybody wants to discuss something similar please feel free to make a new thread.
This link explains who is eligible for free prescriptions: https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/help-nhs-p...-prescriptions
Full time education includes normal breaks like summer holidays or the gap between college and uni (but not a gap year).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (109)
27.66%
England (135)
34.26%
Belgium (30)
7.61%
Germany (41)
10.41%
Spain (8)
2.03%