English Language Paper 2 Question 4 Watch

amypops
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I have written my answer to Q4 in paper 2, could you mark this and let me know what went well and how I can improve.
This is only 1 paragraph, so in the exam i would have to write 3 of these. Can you just let me know if i did 3 of these paragraphs what i would get.

For this question, you need to refer to the whole of Source A, together with
Source B, the father’s letter to a family friend.
Compare how the two writers convey their different attitudes to parenting and
education.
In your answer, you could:
 compare their different attitudes
 compare the methods they use to convey their attitudes
 support your ideas with references to both texts.
[16 marks]

Although both sources resolves around parental relationships, both have completely different attitudes concerning education. The parent in source A uses humour to express his relaxed and unstressed attitude to education: “remorselessly take the mickey out of you” emphasises that his son is able to treat his father in a friendly manner and this also eradicates any tension or respect from the son. The use of the colloquial language of “mickey” heightens that the father does not see himself as a superior and someone that has to be treated with respect; the father’s attitude to his son evokes the sense of equality in the relationship. Additionally, the adverb “remorselessly” can imply that the son teases his father on a regular basis and that the son feels no guilt or sadness. On the other hand the father in source B contradicts this easy-going attitude through the use of his formal language which creates an authoritarian tone. The father doubts his son’s accusations and creates a generalisation by conveying “Boys will sometimes complain without cause”, this leads to the fact that the father believes that he is always correct and does not have faith in his sons. This impacts the contemporary audience as it is unusual for parents to act in this manner, and it leads us to question why parents in the 19th century would be so pessimistic towards their sons.
LJones191
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could I PM you about this as I've just finished my GCSE's and in class we have marked countless amounts of exam questions and this is one we did and id love to help you further
amypops
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by LJones191)
Could I PM you about this as I've just finished my GCSE's and in class we have marked countless amounts of exam questions and this is one we did and id love to help you further
Please can you help me, i dont know how to PM but you can just write it here
kkkkrrrg
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by amypops)
Hi,
I have written my answer to Q4 in paper 2, could you mark this and let me know what went well and how I can improve.
This is only 1 paragraph, so in the exam i would have to write 3 of these. Can you just let me know if i did 3 of these paragraphs what i would get.

education.
[16 marks]

Although both sources resolves around parental relationships, both have completely different attitudes concerning education. The parent in source A uses humour to express his relaxed and unstressed attitude to education: “remorselessly take the mickey out of you” emphasises that his son is able to treat his father in a friendly manner and this also eradicates any tension or respect from the son. The use of the colloquial language of “mickey” heightens that the father does not see himself as a superior and someone that has to be treated with respect; the father’s attitude to his son evokes the sense of equality in the relationship. Additionally, the adverb “remorselessly” can imply that the son teases his father on a regular basis and that the son feels no guilt or sadness. On the other hand the father in source B contradicts this easy-going attitude through the use of his formal language which creates an authoritarian tone. The father doubts his son’s accusations and creates a generalisation by conveying “Boys will sometimes complain without cause”, this leads to the fact that the father believes that he is always correct and does not have faith in his sons. This impacts the contemporary audience as it is unusual for parents to act in this manner, and it leads us to question why parents in the 19th century would be so pessimistic towards their sons.
Hi there, I want to practice more questions so could you put q3 and 2 please
danny7861
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
a*
danny7861
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A*
NVT_Student
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's amazing in my opinion i would give this around 15 marks. Well done!
(Original post by amypops)
Hi,

education.
[16 marks]

gangtagangta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah G this can't 16 marks you libtard, lick my ass and buy my merchandise at tee spring.com/stores/tigarrx
gangtagangta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeh goddam u right and your merch is fire dawg
(Original post by gangtagangta)
Nah G this can't 16 marks you libtard, lick my ass and buy my merchandise at tee spring.com/stores/tigarrx
gangtagangta
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
apinesh march is hella gay
Grizzlyjohnjames
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Shut up bruv no one care about ur **** clothes
unknown371
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
hi i need some advice, on my English language paper 2 question 4 in the gcse this year I wrote about the similarities not the differences and it asked fro difference will I get 0 out of 16 ??

(Original post by NVT_Student)
It's amazing in my opinion i would give this around 15 marks. Well done!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (295)
32.03%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
11.83%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.47%

Watched Threads