amypops
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can anyone give me tips on how to get a 7/8 grade on GCSE Maths 9-1. I am in year 10 and I keep on getting a B- throughout this entire year I have been stuck and the last exam I got 39/40.

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to revise? And how do you know how to answer some complicated questions on the exam that our teachers never teach. Can you recommend me any books/websites that gives hard maths questions?
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by amypops)
Can anyone give me tips on how to get a 7/8 grade on GCSE Maths 9-1. I am in year 10 and I keep on getting a B- throughout this entire year I have been stuck and the last exam I got 39/40.

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to revise? And how do you know how to answer some complicated questions on the exam that our teachers never teach. Can you recommend me any books/websites that gives hard maths questions?
39/40? The real exam paper is out of 80!

The very best way to revise to do sufficient practice with the specimen papers available, you could also do papers from Churchill Maths and the exam style questions for individual topics from Maths Genie. In terms of the more complicated questions, they're usually a question which involves several topics in one question. I doubt there's videos on this and if there is it wouldn't be useful. http://m4ths.com/grade-9-gcse.html - This is an example of the toughest questions you could get (I've been told by someone that some of the questions are a bit far-fetched but it's still good practice).

If you need help tag Lemur14 or _gcx.
Aeroguy
Badges: 9
Report 3 years ago
I was in a similar position, go find your syllabus and look through that. If you want good textbooks just look for ones that are endorsed by your exam board - if you go on their website they'll have a list of textbooks/resources they've endorsed I think. Then it's just exam practice (with actual 9-1 papers from your exam board) and lots of hard work - I worked for like 3 weeks in the Summer between yr 10 and yr 11 to improve my grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads