The Student Room Group

Advice needed

I am currently a student nurse.
There's another student on our course whom displays 'worrying' behaviour and we feel stuck on what to do. Some people have brought up concerns with uni and uni seem to be aware of something but I'm not too sure of the extent. They make up things to other students, big and little things and have made up allegations, one of which was pretty serious, but I was there the whole time and so knew it didn't happen, when they said at least. We're now worried they're basically conning other students to give them money by exaggerating situations and it's feels like we should say something.
I'm really not sure if/ how I should say something to my uni and really don't want it to come across as vindictive, as it's a genuine concern many people share. But I and other people feel worried in case they make up things about us, even something such as bullying allegations and I wouldn't want to be left alone in a room with them.
Some advice on if I should say something and how it might be good to approach it would be really helpful. Feeling very stuck and anxious about it at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Optimistic_Panda
I am currently a student nurse.
There's another student on our course whom displays 'worrying' behaviour and we feel stuck on what to do. Some people have brought up concerns with uni and uni seem to be aware of something but I'm not too sure of the extent. They make up things to other students, big and little things and have made up allegations, one of which was pretty serious, but I was there the whole time and so knew it didn't happen, when they said at least. We're now worried they're basically conning other students to give them money by exaggerating situations and it's feels like we should say something.
I'm really not sure if/ how I should say something to my uni and really don't want it to come across as vindictive, as it's a genuine concern many people share. But I and other people feel worried in case they make up things about us, even something such as bullying allegations and I wouldn't want to be left alone in a room with them.
Some advice on if I should say something and how it might be good to approach it would be really helpful. Feeling very stuck and anxious about it at the moment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could talk to the course leader or your tutor on a hypothetical basis i.e what if and hen what should a person do.

You can also talk to a student advisor or welfare.

If none of them suit your fancy then you can talk to the RCN helpline.

I suppose its out of the question to talk to the person?

Perhaps the person isnt suited to be a nurse or mentally unwell. Hard to say and there are always at least two sides to any story.
or keep as far away from them as you can.
Reply 3
Hi! I am a student midwife and can relate to how you feel. You are right to be concerned about this student and I think it would be right to tell someone trustworthy about her. This could be your course lead or personal tutor for your course. I can imagine how anxious it is but by telling someone in a trustworthy position you are protecting you and your fellow students. Whistleblowing is a scary thing to do in general but as people in the health profession we are in a position to protect others. Hope this helps. All the best.
the only issue is it could be classed as you bullying them. unless she is impacting on you stay away and avoid contact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending