nick198929
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm just curious which IGCSE have controlled assessments or coursework, as I was under the impression there was none, however, I've been hearing there's such a thing for English Lan/Lit for example?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nick198929)
I'm just curious which IGCSE have controlled assessments or coursework, as I was under the impression there was none, however, I've been hearing there's such a thing for English Lan/Lit for example?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!
English literature and language have coursework, as you said (30% and 40% of the total mark respectively), history has coursework and I think modern foreign languages might do as well (JMR2017 might be able to confirm because I didn't do iGCSE MFLs). The sciences don't have coursework, which is unusual.
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sonechka)
English literature and language have coursework, as you said (30% and 40% of the total mark respectively), history has coursework and I think modern foreign languages might do as well (JMR2017 might be able to confirm because I didn't do iGCSE MFLs). The sciences don't have coursework, which is unusual.
I did CIE History and English and did Edexcel IGCSE Sciences and MFL and Maths. None of the IGCSEs I did had coursework.
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JMR2017)
I did CIE History and English and did Edexcel IGCSE Sciences and MFL and Maths. None of the IGCSEs I did had coursework.
Oh ok, in that case only Edexcel English lang. & lit. has coursework. My other coursework subjects were MFLs and history, but they were all regular GCSEs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (155)
14.53%
I'm not sure (46)
4.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (317)
29.71%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (519)
48.64%

Watched Threads