IGCSE assessments/coursework? Watch

nick198929
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm just curious which IGCSE have controlled assessments or coursework, as I was under the impression there was none, however, I've been hearing there's such a thing for English Lan/Lit for example?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nick198929)
I'm just curious which IGCSE have controlled assessments or coursework, as I was under the impression there was none, however, I've been hearing there's such a thing for English Lan/Lit for example?

All comments are welcomed!

Many thanks!
English literature and language have coursework, as you said (30% and 40% of the total mark respectively), history has coursework and I think modern foreign languages might do as well (JMR2017 might be able to confirm because I didn't do iGCSE MFLs). The sciences don't have coursework, which is unusual.
JMR2019.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sonechka)
English literature and language have coursework, as you said (30% and 40% of the total mark respectively), history has coursework and I think modern foreign languages might do as well (JMR2017 might be able to confirm because I didn't do iGCSE MFLs). The sciences don't have coursework, which is unusual.
I did CIE History and English and did Edexcel IGCSE Sciences and MFL and Maths. None of the IGCSEs I did had coursework.
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JMR2017)
I did CIE History and English and did Edexcel IGCSE Sciences and MFL and Maths. None of the IGCSEs I did had coursework.
Oh ok, in that case only Edexcel English lang. & lit. has coursework. My other coursework subjects were MFLs and history, but they were all regular GCSEs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (67)
9.9%
No I am happy with my course choice (383)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.18%

Watched Threads