University deleted their requirements from the offer

Watch this thread
Veirian
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I sent out my diploma and exam results a few days ago and yesterday I received an email that something has been changed in my UCAS track. I went to see and my offer from University of Glasgow still says conditional but the requirements for my place are deleted.

This offer is subject to you obtaining

IELTS results already obtained, as recorded on UCAS application. Diploma exams must be externally marked. Please send evidence to [email protected] by 31 August.

The empty line is where the rest of the requirements were (I achieved them and send my diploma for proof). Does anyone know what's going on? I guess I should just write to the uni and I will probably do it these days but I was just wondering whether someone had the same issue. Do I need to send them a copy of my IELTS results? I wrote the reference number in my UCAS application and was thinking that the University had access to them, but maybe they don't?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Veirian)
I sent out my diploma and exam results a few days ago and yesterday I received an email that something has been changed in my UCAS track. I went to see and my offer from University of Glasgow still says conditional but the requirements for my place are deleted.

This offer is subject to you obtaining

IELTS results already obtained, as recorded on UCAS application. Diploma exams must be externally marked. Please send evidence to [email protected] by 31 August.

The empty line is where the rest of the requirements were (I achieved them and send my diploma for proof). Does anyone know what's going on? I guess I should just write to the uni and I will probably do it these days but I was just wondering whether someone had the same issue. Do I need to send them a copy of my IELTS results? I wrote the reference number in my UCAS application and was thinking that the University had access to them, but maybe they don't?
Call them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
psuspark
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Same thing here. Strathclyde got my IELTS results, but Glasgow didn't. I mailed them to check as my offer was still showing as conditional over a week after I met my conditions. Kelly Fox asked me to mail her my results and my offer changed - the academic conditions were dropped, but IELTS was still showing as a condition last week despite writing the test in February. At the same time university sent me a welcome letter with a student number and accommodation made me an offer as an unconditional student. UCAS still showed the offer as conditional a few days ago, but I just checked it now and it's unconditional - but I wasn't emailed to say something else changed in UCAS.

I suggest mailing Kelly. I did so with both IELTS and SAT scores (my condition) attached and I got my welcome letter 2 days later.
Veirian
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by psuspark)
Same thing here. Strathclyde got my IELTS results, but Glasgow didn't. I mailed them to check as my offer was still showing as conditional over a week after I met my conditions. Kelly Fox asked me to mail her my results and my offer changed - the academic conditions were dropped, but IELTS was still showing as a condition last week despite writing the test in February. At the same time university sent me a welcome letter with a student number and accommodation made me an offer as an unconditional student. UCAS still showed the offer as conditional a few days ago, but I just checked it now and it's unconditional - but I wasn't emailed to say something else changed in UCAS.

I suggest mailing Kelly. I did so with both IELTS and SAT scores (my condition) attached and I got my welcome letter 2 days later.
Yeah I send them my IELTS results and the offer changed to unconditional within the day. Some of my friends that applied to other universities didn't have to send it though, maybe some unis have access and some don't?
And I also wasn't emailed by UCAS when they changed it to unconditional - I received that email like 2-3 days later
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
31.17%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.51%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.65%

Watched Threads