The Student Room Group

Post a pic of a pretty spot in your city...

Right everybody, so I live in a city called Sharjah in UAE. Sharjah's got beautiful areas within it, one of them called The Waterfront.

During daytime it's mostly devoid of people as it's beside the lake and it gets too hot and humid, but as the sun sets, it turns into a lovely spot. It's got the best restaurants and cafes in town and can be very lively. Take a look:

The actual waterfront itself:

al-majaz-waterfront-night.jpg

Beside the waterfront and right in the middle of the lake is something called Butterfly Island. It features some of the rarest of butterflies in the world:

And then there's a mosque too:

A couple of times around the year, we have something called the Light Show where various buildings around the city are lit up using lasers and lights. Among them is the mosque above:

Last but not least, we have the Amphitheater, also surrounded by water:

So there's my city summed up all beautifully for ya'll. How about you TSRians? Show what your city's got that you love :h:
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

40AD4E67-C197-45F7-83DE-79E5854C0F31-14237-000008CFDBEFE36E.jpeg
heres my home :love:

Birmingham... I'm going to struggle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reading.jpg
I live in a ****hole but here's the best photo I could find of my town. Really jealous of you for living in Sharjah.
Only decent picture I could find
I'm not from a city but Bristol is the one I go to most: This is on my walk to uni :smile: :love:

17310540_1263466410368863_629251071_o.jpg
IMG_4704.JPG

The Starbucks toilet, if anyone was wondering
Reply 8
Original post by Pinkberry_y
IMG_4704.JPG

The Starbucks toilet, if anyone was wondering

Must be pretty noisy down there huh? :curious:
Original post by CleverSquirrel
heres my home :love:

Looks Great :smile:

Original post by Jack22031994
I'm not from a city but Bristol is the one I go to most: This is on my walk to uni :smile: :love:

17310540_1263466410368863_629251071_o.jpg

Also found a picture of my town as well :smile:

calne.jpg
Original post by qasim_96
Reading.jpg
I live in a ****hole but here's the best photo I could find of my town. Really jealous of you for living in Sharjah.

Trust me man, I miss that place. After being in b'ham, every where looks nice :lol:
Original post by Lord Samosa
Trust me man, I miss that place. After being in b'ham, every where looks nice :lol:

Surely it can't be that bad :lol: There's literally nothing to do here. Every time I make plans with my friends I tell them "As long as it's not here I really don't care where we go".
Original post by Meany Pie
Birmingham... I'm going to struggle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That place makes Birmingham look like a 3rd world country lol :laugh:
Original post by cbreef
That place makes Birmingham look like a 3rd world country lol :laugh:

It is a 3rd world country :emo:
Reply 14
There isn't any...
Surely it can't be that bad :lol: There's literally nothing to do here. Every time I make plans with my friends I tell them "As long as it's not here I really don't care where we go".

The accent alone makes it hell.

Yeah but you're not too far from London and it's not that bad, I enjoyed my time at uni there. I grew up in Wales, there's literally nothing here :lol:
Original post by Lord Samosa
The accent alone makes it hell.

Yeah but you're not too far from London and it's not that bad, I enjoyed my time at uni there. I grew up in Wales, there's literally nothing here :lol:

Yeah I guess the positive of this place is that it's so close to London. @OGGUS I told you the B'ham accent is awful :rofl:
Reply 17
Yeah I guess the positive of this place is that it's so close to London. @OGGUS I told you the B'ham accent is awful :rofl:

I know it is bad. Mine ain't too bad ngl. :u:
Original post by OGGUS
I know it is bad. Mine ain't too bad ngl. :u:

It isn't thaaaat bad :rolleyes:
Original post by BintM
It isn't thaaaat bad :rolleyes:

I need a translation for every time I listen to you speak

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest