The Student Room Group

New job at Tesco!

Hi. I have been successful in getting a job at my local Tesco, I have my 9 hour long induction on Saturday! I'm just wondering exactly what uniform is given? I will be on electrical. I know there is a blazer, fleece, shirt and a polo top? Is this correct and if so could I choose not to wear a blazer or shirt and just wear the polo top and fleece? Thanks
If it's the same as in my store (which I expect it is) you will be given the chance at your induction - or one of your first shifts - to order your uniform. You can choose long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt and/or polo shirt, blazer and/or fleece, trousers, shorts and/or skirt, etc.

You can mix and match tops and bottoms as you please. I always wear a long-sleeved shirt, trousers, fleece. But I also always roll my sleeves up :biggrin:

I also work on electrical at Tesco (have done for nearly 3 years now, through uni) and I love it!
Reply 2
Op which tesco you working out, come on tell us let your friends at TSR come over and have some of that employee's discount.
Reply 3
Thank you! I'm also studying
Original post by Chloeem0112
Hi. I have been successful in getting a job at my local Tesco, I have my 9 hour long induction on Saturday! I'm just wondering exactly what uniform is given? I will be on electrical. I know there is a blazer, fleece, shirt and a polo top? Is this correct and if so could I choose not to wear a blazer or shirt and just wear the polo top and fleece? Thanks

what hours you on weekly ?
Reply 5
Hiya was just wandering if you can help me.i passed the interview and got the highest out of my group-got a call the day after my interview and he told me all this and how he is sorting out an induction.just asking how long you had to wait for an email or message of sorts telling you when the induction is? Also another question is that on the Tesco careers website a status on one of my applications is "offered" what does this mean exactly? Thanks So much
Reply 6
I really wanna work at Tesco cus of their Sunday premiums. But my local store never has vacancies despite whenever i go in, there seems to be no one at the checkouts.
Original post by g33ky
Hiya was just wandering if you can help me.i passed the interview and got the highest out of my group-got a call the day after my interview and he told me all this and how he is sorting out an induction.just asking how long you had to wait for an email or message of sorts telling you when the induction is? Also another question is that on the Tesco careers website a status on one of my applications is "offered" what does this mean exactly? Thanks So much

It depends on how many other interviews they've got to do for other positions but I doubt it would be more than a week or so.

"Offered" means they've offered you the job but you haven't technically started yet. You officially become an employee when you turn up to induction, I believe
Reply 8
Original post by CharAU95
It depends on how many other interviews they've got to do for other positions but I doubt it would be more than a week or so.

"Offered" means they've offered you the job but you haven't technically started yet. You officially become an employee when you turn up to induction, I believe

Thanks so much! Just abit worried because I got the call saying Ive passed and I'm hired and am now worried about starting. Roughly how long did you have to wait after the call about the induction? Thanks alot!
Original post by g33ky
Thanks so much! Just abit worried because I got the call saying Ive passed and I'm hired and am now worried about starting. Roughly how long did you have to wait after the call about the induction? Thanks alot!

It was nearly three years ago - I'm afraid I can't remember! Sorry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending