Afellay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I just finished yr 11 and I have to choose my subjects for next year but I do not know what to choose... I was thinking about going into hospitality and tourism, and I would like to choose subjects that could help me to get there. I know that there are no specific requirements for hospitality sector however I would like to choose something that would be somehow related to what I want to do. I already chose to do ICT and Business Studies (both BTECs) and I was thinking about A-Level Psychology as well, as it could be useful when dealing with customers. For my fourth subject I have a few options to choose from and I was thinking about one of the following - BTEC Applied Science, A-Level History, A-Level Biology, Core Maths or A-Level Maths (this really depends on the grade I'm going to get in my GCSE but I aim to do A-Level Maths). What do u guys think? Which ones should I pick? Or maybe do u have any other suggestions in terms of the subjects that could be useful? Please, help!
ExoIceCream99
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A level Maths if you get 8 or above is a good choice as long as you won't regret it and drop it fast - a lot of year 12's do (as meaning loads).

Core Maths is better if you want life Maths - it covers taxes and mortgages and is more useful Maths than A level, A level is lots of algebra, trig and differentiation!

Psychology is a good one but I don't think it will hold too much of an insight into hospitality. And you need to have a slightly good memory, write for loads, be good at maths and science. Don't let that put you off - if you love it go for it!

Applied science is more for people who want to do science degrees without taking a science subject e.g. Zoology. But it's a cool subject if you enjoy bio and chem but not to the extreme.

A level biology if you're very keen on biology, and you need to start learning the key terms ASAP. It's a nice subject but it can be challenging so you need the passion.

Btec business and ict are very good choices for what you want to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise