Turn on thread page Beta

A2 Physics Resources AQA watch

ReputationRep:
    Guys can anyone recommend me some good resources? Websites, YouTube channels, booka, anything.
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    bump.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, boy physics. This is literally the only A level that can simultaneously make you excited about science and want to hang yourself and see if you will undergo simple harmonic motion. DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH PHYSICS!!! I'm left with PTSD thanks to it and the new style of exams with increased difficulty. There is an increased focus on the application now in these exams, so simple regurgitation of knowledge doesn't work. So here's a quick resource dump like you asked.

Videos: Great way to understand most concepts as not all teachers are created equally. The channels marked with a * are channels that have working out of questions on a video.

A level Physics Online (Y13 is paid so $20 or you can keep spamming the 2-week free trial)

*ATPhysics1 (Has updated ASTROPHYSICS Chapter)

*Burrow Physics

DrPhysicsA

Scienceshorts

Practicals Playlist

Books: There are 2 key books I think they stand out.

Practical Physics: This year P3 was the hardest paper ever seen, with top students losing 30% of their marks. This book is a great way to understand everything you need to know for P3 as well as questions for each required practical. Do it all, it's great if you can do it whilst you do your practicals. If you really don't want to buy it, PM me and I can send you a photo copy of the entire thing but it isn't as ideal as having a hard copy.

Calculations in A level Physics: If ever there was a bible in physics, this is the one. The worst thing about is there are some archaic questions but the questions are insanely good. They are hard, like really hard. Yet nothing beats the pure thrill when you spend 13minutes on a single question and getting it right. Get it used as they are quite pricey but everyone who bought it can vouch for it. Get it, it's great.

Textbooks: Doesn't really matter much to be completely honest, if you have the Oxford book there may not be any astrophysics chapter. I can send the entire astrophysics chapter from Collins with everything in the new spec plus questions, which are rare.

TL;DR So there you go, everything I have used in the past 2 years, I reckon with all these resources plus not procrastinating should be enough to get you that A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    Oh, boy physics. This is literally the only A level that can simultaneously make you excited about science and want to hang yourself and see if you will undergo simple harmonic motion. DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH PHYSICS!!! I'm left with PTSD thanks to it and the new style of exams with increased difficulty. There is an increased focus on the application now in these exams, so simple regurgitation of knowledge doesn't work. So here's a quick resource dump like you asked.

Videos: Great way to understand most concepts as not all teachers are created equally. The channels marked with a * are channels that have working out of questions on a video.

A level Physics Online (Y13 is paid so $20 or you can keep spamming the 2-week free trial)

*Burrow Physics

DrPhysicsA

Scienceshorts

Practicals Playlist

Practical Physics: This year P3 was the hardest paper ever seen, with top students losing 30% of their marks. This book is a great way to understand everything you need to know for P3 as well as questions for each required practical. Do it all, it's great if you can do it whilst you do your practicals. If you really don't want to buy it, PM me and I can send you a photo copy of the entire thing but it isn't as ideal as having a hard copy.

Calculations in A level Physics: If ever there was a bible in physics, this is the one. The worst thing about is there are some archaic questions but the questions are insanely good. They are hard, like really hard. Yet nothing beats the pure thrill when you spend 13minutes on a single question and getting it right. Get it used as they are quite pricey but everyone who bought it can vouch for it. Get it, it's great.

Textbooks: Doesn't really matter much to be completely honest, if you have the Oxford book there may not be any astrophysics chapter. I can send the entire astrophysics chapter from Collins with everything in the new spec plus questions, which are rare.

TL;DR So there you go, everything I have used in the past 2 years, I reckon with all these resources plus not procrastinating should be enough to get you that A*

Wow dude thank you so much, your response is greatly appreciated! I certainly agree with you, physics is quite literally the hardest A Level...

I'll definitelybe purchasing the books you recommended, I read some reviews and they definitely look useful... Also, thank you for the YT channels, videos are a life saver in physics. p.s. I'm doing medical physics rather than astrophysics

THANK YOU. MAY YOUR KINDNESS BE RETURNED TO YOU TEN FOLD.
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    This is awesome thank you so muchhh
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Do you still have these books and are you gonna still use them, it would be great if you could resale it to me at a lower price or you could scan the pages in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)

*Burrow Physics

DrPhysicsA

Scienceshorts

Practicals Playlist

Check the last few post forgot to hit quote

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.