The Student Room Group

CleverSquirrel and The Holy Gains

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
Glad you're enjoying Bball for the first time in months, do you think you play it better than last time because of your improved fitness?

yeahhh i love it!!!!!

ngl my range has improved alot and im alot quicker on my feet too, though saying that, it could be because of boxing too?
Original post by CleverSquirrel
Dont get me wrong, he's a lovely guy, just doesnt give enough attention :sad: ngl i do like attention, not from the world but just from him :/

hmmmm, imma talk to him when he comes back from his weekend away, i cba to argue with him while hes out with his mates for a weekend? if you know what i mean? i dont wanna ruin the weekend for him while hes away and start an argument...

its been minimum contact, like hes called me once in the past few weeks and just messages when i air him?! i legit sometimes get one word replies like how the f*ck do i reply to that?! i know i have the tendency to be over dramatic and exaggerate things but like come on, he always puts his friends before me and it sucks

he is a really sweet guy and my friends who've met him think hes just a bit naive and oblivious to things? idk id it justifies what he does

I don't think you are overreacting at all. He has called you once in the past few weeks! That is outrageous lol
Day 114, 29/10/2017

I was up at 9am, had to take my little bro to his karate lesson, so I went to the gym while he was there! ngl this whole time change thing is messing with me :rofl:

Didn’t go boxing today, Angel face wasn’t in today, so I worked through my work out at a slow and steady pace as I was feeling meh.

Here’s what I done todayyy:

Cardio:

10 mins biking at resistance 10
20 mins rowing at resistance 10

Weights:

Chest press - 40 kg 20 reps x3
Lat Pull down -37kg 15 reps x3
Chest press- 40kg 15 reps x3
Leg extension weigh machine thing -35kg 15 reps
Leg curl- 32kg 15 reps x3
Deadlifts- 40kg 5 reps x 4
Leg press- 46kg 20 reps x3
Incline cable fly 20kg ,35 reps, 1 set
Bench press- 70 kg 6 reps x3 ** just about do 3 of these, was a typo by my trainer

Floor Exercises:
Plank 1 min x 3, 60 sec rest
Side plank 15 sec x 3
Battle ropes, double arm slams- 20 slams x3
High box jump burpees x 8, this is soooo hard
Russian Twist With Med Ball (20kg) 15 twists x 3 , 30 sec rest

** about the BP, some people tell me not to include the weight of the bar and that it doesn’t count and some people are telling me to? if I don’t count the weight of the bar, them im BPing at 50kg?

got back home and showered, and had brunch, pancakes and fruit it was today! yummy- 498 calories!

Then I got on with an assignment that’s due on the 20th November but ive started it now to be on top of things- you get me? Plodded along with that, and I’m half way through- I’m struggling with referencing, idk how to do it, no one taught me, god knows how I passed 1st without knowing how to LMAO

By the time I got that done, it was dinner time, I had mac and cheese but a low fat one- don’t ask some how and using ‘healthy’ alternatives, I made a healthy mac and cheese, and tbh it tasted great!! 589 calories!

Now imma chill a little, I studied, I worked out, my body hurts, now Im gonna hide in bed with a glass of warm milk (GREEN TOP ALL THE WAY) with a Bounty and carry on watching A league of their own- love that show, I haven’t watched Season 12 yet, I waited till I had like 3 episodes to watch and then start, so I can watch a couple in one sitting :biggrin: ( 95 cal in a bounty mini and the milk was 91 calories)

Calorie Intake: 1273 calories
Calories Burned: MFP- 937 Calories FitBit- 5419 calories
Water Intake: 3.0 litres

Good Night!!

Your Squirrel x
(edited 6 years ago)
I don't know anyone who doesn't include the bar. But it's an arbitrary number either way, the bigger one is just cooler to tell people. :p:

Also re your BF yeah he might be aloof but he won't change as a person so that's where compatibility comes in.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
I don't know anyone who doesn't include the bar. But it's an arbitrary number either way, the bigger one is just cooler to tell people. :p:

Also re your BF yeah he might be aloof but he won't change as a person so that's where compatibility comes in.

hmm i see, people dont believe that number so i may as well use 50kg lmao- though i had to prove it to some dumbo at the gym the other day :rofl: :rolleyes:

i see whatcha mean idk what to do, it was all fine untill a few weeks ago, i might have to sit him down and talk to him :/
you gotta check this guy out, hes beaut too :biggrin:

https://www.instagram.com/joshbridgman
Your bench is absolutely ridiculous, especially for someone of your limited experience.
Original post by Gone Revising II
Your bench is absolutely ridiculous, especially for someone of your limited experience.

do you need proof too? i have a video lmao
ngl my spotter helps a tad?
hmm i see, people dont believe that number so i may as well use 50kg lmao- though i had to prove it to some dumbo at the gym the other day :rofl: :rolleyes:

i see whatcha mean idk what to do, it was all fine untill a few weeks ago, i might have to sit him down and talk to him :/

Don't worry, 60 kg bench is normal. 20 reps is pretty good. Always include the bar weight in your lifts... Though remember some bars in *****y gyms are only 10 kg because they're crap Argos cheap plastic shits. In real gyms though the olympic bars are 20. 40 kg plates is a 60 kg bench with an olympic bar.

Oh wait I thought you was a guy. Yes that's big weight for a girl. Men use 60. Nice.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RockyDennis
Don't worry, 60 kg bench is normal. 20 reps is pretty good. Always include the bar weight in your lifts... Though remember some bars in *****y gyms are only 10 kg because they're crap Argos cheap plastic shits. In real gyms though the olympic bars are 20. 40 kg plates is a 60 kg bench with an olympic bar.

60kg bench in not normal for a female who has only been training for a few months. 70kg is exceptional.

do you need proof too? i have a video lmao
ngl my spotter helps a tad?

No I don't want proof.
60kg bench in not normal for a female who has only been training for a few months. 70kg is exceptional.

No I don't want proof.

She's pushing 70? What's her Anavar dosage?

Please post the video. It's not a matter of belief, more fascination.

Oh wait I thought you was a guy. Yes that's big weight for a girl. Men use 60. Nice.

idk i didnt believe it was 20kg if im honest, then some dude was like wtf man that's 70kg and i was erm what? and then he explained to me that i actually bench 70kg when was thinking i only bp 50kg? idk

No I don't want proof.

are you sure cuz ive got a video that just needs editing :lol:

She's pushing 70? What's her Anavar dosage?

Please post the video. It's not a matter of belief, more fascination.

dosage of what?

hahaha ive got a friend to edit it for me, i wont post it on here but ill PM it to anyone interested when its ready!

i dont see why people are so shocked? i mean i was training and lifting before i started this blog anyway :rofl:
dosage of what?

hahaha ive got a friend to edit it for me, i wont post it on here but ill PM it to anyone interested when its ready!

i dont see why people are so shocked? i mean i was training and lifting before i started this blog anyway :rofl:

Anavar is an anabolic steroid women use. Here are elite tier female powerlifters with years and years of training struggling to do one rep of about the same weight you are doing 20 with:

[video="youtube;DvVmRQgZwT8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVmRQgZwT8[/video]

I'm a male lifter with over 3 years of experience and over twice the normal testosterone limit in my blood, I train within the 40-something kg range on dumbbells, as do all the enormous 200 lb+ male roiders at the gym apart from some on trenbolone using 55s or 60s but that's uncommon.
(edited 6 years ago)
Anavar is an anabolic steroid women use. Here are elite tier female powerlifters with years and years of training struggling to do one rep of about the same weight you are doing 20 with:

[video="youtube;DvVmRQgZwT8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVmRQgZwT8[/video]

ohhhh okay ... erm no, no roidz- im very quite against the use of them :rofl:

i dont do 20, its probably a typo, my trainer wrote the stats, i just copy and paste them onto here :rofl: i need to start checking what he's writing down ffs
i do like 3 and break down :rofl:
and my spotters help me ngl!
ohhhh okay ... erm no, no roidz- im very quite against the use of them :rofl:

i dont do 20, its probably a typo, my trainer wrote the stats, i just copy and paste them onto here :rofl: i need to start checking what he's writing down ffs
i do like 3 and break down :rofl:
and my spotters help me ngl!

Roids are excellent, just not for women due to virilization. I feel sorry for women that they can't become superhuman like men can without essentially turning themselves into a man.

But no don't doubt yourself or your abilities. If you are using that weight you are using that weight. The only thing is it might be lbs rather than kg? But 99.9% of gym plates are kg.

Or your spotters are basically lifting the weight for you. Don't let them do this, they're robbing you of progress. Use a lower weight and tell them not to even touch the bar unless you ask them to or you fail the rep and it starts coming back down on you.

As a woman though I wouldn't even be doing much bench. Are your trainers men? Do all the lower body oriented exercises in large amounts, neglect everything else. That will give you the most attractive body.
(edited 6 years ago)
Roids are excellent, just not for women due to virilization. I feel sorry for women that they can't become superhuman like men can without essentially turning themselves into a man.

But no don't doubt yourself or your abilities. If you are using that weight you are using that weight. The only thing is it might be lbs rather than kg? But 99.9% of gym plates are kg.

Or your spotters are basically lifting the weight for you. Don't let them do this, they're robbing you of progress. Use a lower weight and tell them not to even touch the bar unless you ask them to or you fail the rep and it starts coming back down on you.

As a woman though I wouldn't even be doing much bench. Are your trainers men? Do all the lower body oriented exercises in large amounts, neglect everything else. That will give you the most attractive body.

idk with the way everyones reacting i feel like i should bping lmao

I mean maybe? they do help :rofl: yep all men- not many females go to my gym tbh!

hmm i see- ill look into it! you very muchly!!
Day 115, 30/10/2017

Song of the day! :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPfJnp1guPc

I was up at 11am, Mondays off remember? Got out of bed finally after lazing around, showered, and had brunch since it was too late for breaky, I had waffles made with banana and oats- interesting combo that im delighted to say never making them again :rofl: - 98 calories worth of sh*t!

Then I got on with an assignment I told you guys about! ngl I procrastinated a lot and I still am!
I got most of it done so that’s okay….right? :ahee:

lunch was tomato and basil pasta., I got this new low carb pasta, and ngl it tastes like cardboard- but you gotta do what you gotta do, so my way of handling this was to cover it in lots of sauce :rofl: was okay, not as bad as I make it out to be! I had that with apple juice! 576 calories.

Then I watched some tv, I read, I annoyed Paddy for a bit- he’s still trying to get around my passive aggressiveness bless him :rofl:
then I got back to it! and just now I had dinner, which was beef wellington and mash- yummy, 748 calories!

now, im gonna just chill, may watch a horror since its Halloween anyway :biggrin:

Calorie Intake: 1422 calories
Calories Burned: MFP- 102 Calories FitBit- 2983 calories
Water Intake: 3.0 litres

Good Night, hope ya’ll had a good day!!

Your Squirrel x
(edited 6 years ago)

I'm a male lifter with over 3 years of experience and over twice the normal testosterone limit in my blood, I train within the 40-something kg range on dumbbells, as do all the enormous 200 lb+ male roiders at the gym apart from some on trenbolone using 55s or 60s but that's uncommon.

I'm not sure why you are saying this, is it an attempt to qualify your opinion, or are you trying to draw a comparison between DB Bench and BB Bench? I ask because a comparison between the two lifts is very tenuous.

Roids are excellent is a strong turn of phrase, but you are entitled to your opinion lol.

Squirrel, I agree with respect the the spotters, it is better to lift the weight yourself and just have them save you if it goes pecs up [pardon the pun].

I disagree with the not benching point. As you rightly pointed out men and women have different amounts of testosterone and I don't think that Squirrel intends to jump on, she will not likely build a visually large upper body, especially since she is leaning out. Imbalance should generally not be pursued.
I'm not sure why you are saying this, is it an attempt to qualify your opinion, or are you trying to draw a comparison between DB Bench and BB Bench? I ask because a comparison between the two lifts is very tenuous.

Roids are excellent is a strong turn of phrase, but you are entitled to your opinion lol.

Squirrel, I agree with respect the the spotters, it is better to lift the weight yourself and just have them save you if it goes pecs up [pardon the pun].

I disagree with the not benching point. As you rightly pointed out men and women have different amounts of testosterone and I don't think that Squirrel intends to jump on, she will not likely build a visually large upper body, especially since she is leaning out. Imbalance should generally not be pursued.

okie ill tell them to back off!

so what do i do? just carry on or do what Rocky suggested?
Imbalance should generally not be pursued.

All the attractive girls at the gym basically do nothing but squats, glute work and deadlifts then leave.

I would just copy what all the hot girl's do.

I neglect traditional deads and barbell squats to protect my v taper which you might consider imbalanced. However I think lifting for aesthetics is the best form of bodybuilding for numerous reasons. Firstly there isn't much carryover with strength into everyday life which I think renders lifting for strength useless. Furniture removal men, farmhands and manual laborers have infinitely more "real world" strength than me even though I'd destroy them on every gym lift.

It works better as an artform, and it's more exciting seeing changes in the mirror than changes in the numbers you're putting up. Tiny stick arms is attractive on women, tiny stick arms and an Oakland booty.

Quick Reply

Latest