The Student Room Group

Retainers

I have had my braces off for a week now and today I just got my retainers a few hours ago when I was about to eat I took it off after I finished I tried to put my retainers back and it didnt work and I still dont know how to put on essix retainers. I want to go to the dentist tomorrow what would happen? as my teeth have already shifted its been a week.

please reply to my message as soon as possible
your really have to just shove it iin if you can get it in at all. you really should have got your retainers the same day as having your braces off as the teeth are really prone to shifting especially in the first few hours/days
Reply 2
You should literally just push the retainer onto your teeth and it should fit perfectly!

Why did they wait a week? I had my braces off in the morning and my retainer fitted by my orthodontist in the afternoon, and I felt my teeth moving throughout the day.

Definitely go back to your orthodontist if you can't just push it onto your teeth, as I've had mine for 5 years and never had a problem, even if my teeth have moved, the retainer still fits and pushes my teeth back into place
I tried to push it back and it wouldnt even budge at all plus I didn't want to break it so I left it alone. Im going back to my dentist to explain to them what happened. I still havent got my top retainers too. So i think as much as I wait the longer my teeth shift. I asked them why not give me the metal one instead of the plastic, the reply was its much easier. I didnt find it easier for me to pull it and trying to put it back in.
I tried to push it back and it wouldnt even budge at all plus I didn't want to break it so I left it alone. Im going back to my dentist to explain to them what happened. I still havent got my top retainers too. So i think as much as I wait the longer my teeth shift. I asked them why not give me the metal one instead of the plastic, the reply was its much easier. I didnt find it easier for me to pull it and trying to put it back in.
Shoving doesnt work at all its been like a week without my braces so when they tried to give me the retainers my teeth have shifted so it wasnt the sme and plus its really hard as I stil dont know how to remove or put it on even the dentist showed me but she was rushing talking about using your thumb to push the retainers out it toook me almost 30 minutes to remove it and nafter I ate i couldnt put it back ita I dont want to break it I think they should have loosen it a bit because it was tight in my teeth and when I sleep I tend to bite down alot so I dont know what my dentist are going to say....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending