The Student Room Group

Edexcel chemistry unit 4 ?

Just wondering, is anyone else doing chemistry unit 4, Edexcel, this January?

If so how much of unit 4 have you guys covered in class? In my class we have covered lattice enthalpy, period 3 and now we are on equilibrium, and for organic so far we have covered the reactions of Aldehydes, ketones, and carboxylic acids and its derivatives.

Still got acid-base equilibrium to do and rest of the organic reactions!

Also how is everyone finding it ? I think its pretty simple, following on from AS, just a bit to much to remember, like all the equations in period 3 ( there’s about 42, I think) and remembering all the conditions for organic reactions.

i really hope i do good in this, so than i only have unit 5 and 6 in the summer!

p.s do anybody know what what ums mark it is out of? 90 or 100 ? cause unit 1 and 2 were out of 90.
i think this is out of 90 but i did AQA so it may well be different for Edexcel
Reply 2
We're doing all units in June (better for the synoptic, apparently.... heh) so we're kind of going back and forth between units 4 and 5. Out of Unit 4, we've covered Energetics II, carbonyls, carboxylic acids, esters and the chiral stuff. Out of Unit 5 we've done redox equilibria and have just started transition metals.

Redox equilibria was a bit confusing to start with but the rest has been generally OK.
Has anyone got the unit 4 June 06 paper? (chem)

greatly appreciate it!
Has anyone got any brillient revision plans for module 4?

I've got as far as drawing out a massive brainstorm of organic reactions which makes that side of it a hell of a lot easier to work with.

But any great ideas for learning the other bits?

Latest