Criminology A Level Watch

TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone do Crimonology? How is it? Am thinking of doing it, since it sounds interesting. But the thing is that I have chosen:
Fine Art
Media Studies
Graphic Design
English Lit

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm fairly sure there is no such thing as an A level in Criminology but there are some level 3 qualifications which are probably what you've been offered. (But sorry, I don't know anything else about them!)
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
I'm fairly sure there is no such thing as an A level in Criminology but there are some level 3 qualifications which are probably what you've been offered. (But sorry, I don't know anything else about them!)
When I went to an open day, it said 'criminology', must have been something to do with law then, it was in November so quite a time.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
When I went to an open day, it said 'criminology', must have been something to do with law then, it was in November so quite a time.
WJEC Criminology level 3
http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications...?language_id=1

Looks quite interesting tbh

Check it has UCAS points if thats the one? Its unclear from your A levels what you intend to do.
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
WJEC Criminology level 3
http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications...?language_id=1

Looks quite interesting tbh

Check it has UCAS points if thats the one? Its unclear from your A levels what you intend to do.
Honestly I really don't know what I want to do, am more of a creative person. But choosing creative a-levels courses like these, kind of makes me feel bad because am not doing a lot of logical work like: maths, biology etc. Most of my friends are doing: physcology, history, maths, science, sociology. But am doing stuff to do with art and English. I would like to do something logical, but am not a maths person or a science person.
Pennalonso
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
Honestly I really don't know what I want to do, am more of a creative person. But choosing creative a-levels courses like these, kind of makes me feel bad because am not doing a lot of logical work like: maths, biology etc. Most of my friends are doing: physcology, history, maths, science, sociology. But am doing stuff to do with art and English. I would like to do something logical, but am not a maths person or a science person.

Just because your mates are doing "logical" subjects doesn't make your subjects any less "logical". Why would you do subjects you're not good at anyway?
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pennalonso)
Just because your mates are doing "logical" subjects doesn't make your subjects any less "logical". Why would you do subjects you're not good at anyway?
True, thanks. 😊
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pennalonso)
Doing GCSEs I have developed a liking towards Geography and Biology. Which is offered at a good school. Since I have chosen Maths, Fine Art and English Lit, as my 3 A-levels for that school. They don't have media studies or graphic design which I would like to do. It's kind of faraway from my house like an hour to reach there. But there is one sixth form close to me like under 20 minutes it offers criminology, biology, maths, graphic design and media studies. However many people have said to me not to go there, I went there for an open day and interview and honestly I can't imagine myself feeling comfortable there. The people are too loud and don't have manners, ofsted has rated both of the schools good. So am kind of stuck. Since I would like to go to the faraway one but it doesn't have my courses, and then there is the one that has my course but like I said I can't imagine myself going there.
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
?
The thing is that criminology sounds very interesting, but I would most likely take it as a fun subject, not serious. But with my creative choices, I have chosen them because I enjoy that field, the whole art and making things and designing things. I love designing things, but I have also realized that I seem to like other subjects, but they won't get me anywhere, since am not passionate about it.
TeeganSkye
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There is such thing as an A level in Criminology. The posh term for this is 'Extended Diploma in Criminology' or if you do an AS level in criminology (1 year course) then it is called 'Diploma in Criminology'. Criminology is done as an A level and can be done at Sixth Form.I take criminology as an A level and so does my friends and we all love it. It is extremely interesting and also eye-opening.In the first year if you do the A level - not AS level - is you do work that is involved in a controlled assessment which you do January time then you do work for an exam in May time (mine is May 20th 2019). The same thing happens in the second year too but on different things.Reply to me if you want rue details of the course because I can tell you exactly what you do in it and even cases you will look at (e.g Kirsty Bamu and Jamie Bulger).
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TeeganSkye)
There is such thing as an A level in Criminology. The posh term for this is 'Extended Diploma in Criminology' or if you do an AS level in criminology (1 year course) then it is called 'Diploma in Criminology'. Criminology is done as an A level and can be done at Sixth Form.I take criminology as an A level and so does my friends and we all love it. It is extremely interesting and also eye-opening.In the first year if you do the A level - not AS level - is you do work that is involved in a controlled assessment which you do January time then you do work for an exam in May time (mine is May 20th 2019). The same thing happens in the second year too but on different things.Reply to me if you want rue details of the course because I can tell you exactly what you do in it and even cases you will look at (e.g Kirsty Bamu and Jamie Bulger).
It's not an A level. If it were it would be called an 'A level in Criminology'. It is, however, a Level 3 qualification and so of an equivalent level to AS and A levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
22.73%
The paper was reasonable (356)
41.93%
Not feeling great about that exam... (164)
19.32%
It was TERRIBLE (136)
16.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise