Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Studying Economics A2 independently with AS already achieved? watch

ReputationRep:
    Last week I received my results for AS Economics (AQA), and got 294/300. Now unfortunately (or fortunately) I refused to go to any of the lessons that the school demanded I go to after our exams for the beginning of A2 course, although I did not officially drop it (as we were told to do) due to questioning how I might do in other exams. Over the summer I have decided that I cannot bear to study Economics at my own sixth form as I really do not like the teachers or the people in my class and last year they all made my life pretty miserable. So, I was wondering if there would be anyway for me to study the A2 independently and still have my AS contribute towards it? I'm not overly fussed about continuing but seeing as I did so well (totally unexpectedly, was honestly expecting a C) I wouldn't mind giving the A2 in it a go.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    You should be able to, just ask the school to enter you for the relevent exams... all you need is 186/300, which means you should be able to teach yourself enough to get an A overall.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.