The Student Room Group

Woman being sued £25 million for false rape accusations against men

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alowa1
What about if the courts decided against you? You'd get 10 years in prison and would never be able to get a job again.

But that's not what I was responding to. I responded to someone saying "no amount of money can make up for it" - some amount of money can.

Original post by Alowa1
Rape is too much of an easy tool for women to use against men, because they have nothing to lose by accusing someone whilst the man has everything to lose.

I agree and while the chances of seeing rapist convicted are relatively low by comparison, even men who are never convicted carry a black mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
Slow down, I'd be happy to allow someone to accuse me of rape, spend a few months in jail and then get £2.5m.

The bigger problem would be that there's no feasible way the respondent could pay that sort of money and there's also not a chance a U.K. court would award that much money on a matter like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, the things people would do for money. Astonishing.
Where does it say she is being sued for £25 million?

What is most shocking about that case is the police kept listening to her.
Original post by Meany Pie
What is most shocking about that case is the police kept listening to her.

every time she told a lie they gave her a biscuit.
Original post by the bear
every time she told a lie they gave her a biscuit.

But apparently the police don't believe women when they report a rape...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
She deserves a more severe punishment - being sued £25 million will never truly account for the many years these innocent men wasted in prison

If it's the woman I am thinking of, just one person was convicted. I still don't believe she has the money, so suing her is pointless, and she's going to be sentenced for a long stretch herself.
Original post by Unown Uzer
It's an absolute shame that women can ruin men's lives by making false accusations of rape. Given that it's incredibly difficult to prove that a woman has lied about rape, many men are left ostracised by society even if they are found not guilty to rape. It's much harder for them to find work, and people may not trust these men anymore. Not to mention that these men are often left traumatised as a result of being accused of rape. Some have to spend a lot of time in jail awaiting trial or appeal, and thereby have significant portions of their lives stolen from them by malicious women who falsely accuse men of rape.

This is exactly why we need equal protection under the law, which is currently not the case. Women who accuse men of rape get to remain anonymous, while the men accused of rape need to have their names available to the public for everyone to see. We need equality, so that both the accuser and the accused can remain anonymous; otherwise, this is yet another example of systemic misandry in our society.

Shows how little you know. The only defendants who are held in custody when awaiting trial are those with previous convictions, those deemed likely to skip trial, those convicted of very serious offences, like armed robbery.

Most cases, defendants are not remanded in custody.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Shows how little you know. The only defendants who are held in custody when awaiting trial are those with previous convictions, those deemed likely to skip trial, those convicted of very serious offences, like armed robbery.

Most cases, defendants are not remanded in custody.

There was nothing incorrect about what I said. If you read what I said, I said that some have to spend time in jail. In never said all. And even so, the issue of systemic misandry remains in the legal system.
She put a man in prison for 2 years. She should be put away for the same time, at least.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending