Should Tax Havens take 'Dirty' Money? Watch

This discussion is closed.
hossy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
To allow for a huge shipping register (3rd Largest) to grow? Does allowing normally unworthy ships to fly the Red Ensign bad for the rest of Britain?

The Island is keen to attract the private super-yachts you see in Monaco and St Tropez. Recently they have attained the 'Mirabella V' the largest single masted sailing yacht in the world. 245 foot (75 metre) http://www.mirabellayachts.com/mirabella5/

Could the Isle of Man be considered as a "Flag of Convenience"? Or a luxury haven for tax and a boating retreat?
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hossy)
To allow for a huge shipping register (3rd Largest) to grow? Does allowing normally unworthy ships to fly the Red Ensign bad for the rest of Britain?

The Island is keen to attract the private super-yachts you see in Monaco and St Tropez. Recently they have attained the 'Mirabella V' the largest single masted sailing yacht in the world. 245 foot (75 metre) http://www.mirabellayachts.com/mirabella5/

Could the Isle of Man be considered as a "Flag of Convenience"? Or a luxury haven for tax and a boating retreat?
Why would anyone want to dock their super-yacht in the middle of the Irish Sea?
hossy
Rep:
?
Its not THAT bad!!

I mean I waterski in it....so its not not that cold!!
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hossy)
Its not THAT bad!!

I mean I waterski in it....so its not not that cold!!
But given the option between the Med and the Irish Sea...
hossy
Rep:
?
Its backwards because its Irish.....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.59%
No (670)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.67%

Watched Threads