What's the hardest OCR A Level Chemistry A Module?

Watch
Sebastian1299
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I haven't started A Levels yet but I will in September this year. I've already self taught myself the entire first module in 1 day but I'm guessing that's the simple one. (I have a good memory.) I'm just wondering what module would be the hardest? So far I'm loving chemistry!!
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sebastian1299)
I haven't started A Levels yet but I will in September this year. I've already self taught myself the entire first module in 1 day but I'm guessing that's the simple one. (I have a good memory.) I'm just wondering what module would be the hardest? So far I'm loving chemistry!!
None are hard in terms of content. Personally I found Module 5 easier than Module 6.

I would say they are pretty equal-- of course M5 and M6 are harder due to them being Year 13 modules. It just depends on the question.
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
End of module 6 when you get onto extending your carbon chain and nitriles and amides and that funky stuff :mmm:
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did you learn module 1, from a textbook,online?What resources ddi you use?
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
How did you learn module 1, from a textbook,online?What resources ddi you use?
Official school textbook I've brought it as advised by the school on the tester days
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
(Original post by SGHD26716)
None are hard in terms of content. Personally I found Module 5 easier than Module 6.

I would say they are pretty equal-- of course M5 and M6 are harder due to them being Year 13 modules. It just depends on the question.
Alright thank you! I'm definitely looking forward to learning that aswell but my book only covers year 1, I didn't buy year 2 yet as I'm focused on getting the first year done
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
End of module 6 when you get onto extending your carbon chain and nitriles and amides and that funky stuff :mmm:
Exciting πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exciting πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
isn't it just? :fan:
Some people, depending on mathematical ability, found some aspects of module 5 hard (when it comes to log rules and rearranging into y=mx + c with Arrhenius etc.)
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Official school textbook I've brought it as advised by the school on the tester days
How many hours did model take you to complete?How do you know 100% that you actually knwo and understand module 1?Are you planning to cover the whole of year 1 in the summer?
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
How many hours did model take you to complete?How do you know 100% that you actually knwo and understand module 1?Are you planning to cover the whole of year 1 in the summer?
I answer the practice questions and going to try to find some relevant past paper. No I'm simply planning on doing as much as I can in as much detail as I can. Also I close the book and give it to my mum to test me, I'm good with recalling information and just repeat it in my head until it solidifies.
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
isn't it just? :fan:
Some people, depending on mathematical ability, found some aspects of module 5 hard (when it comes to log rules and rearranging into y=mx + c with Arrhenius etc.)
I hope I don't find it too hard πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚ I'm so happy about chemistry so far, so Interesting. I'm doing bilogy aswell.
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
I probably won't finish it all as I'm going to do biology aswell.
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
It took me 2 hours and 15 minutes?? Maybe 30. Including notes. I took a 30 mins break though so I can go over it in my head.
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hope I don't find it too hard πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚ I'm so happy about chemistry so far, so Interesting. I'm doing biology aswell.
Oh I've just realised you probably mean the first year of A-level Chemistry? That's all fairly decent. I don't think there was a particularly difficult part? Some definitions can get tricky and long but if you have a good memory you will be fine.
The second year of Chemistry is where it steps up a bit.

Biology (from my friends) is much harder and will really require that memory of yours :sadnod:
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
Oh I've just realised you probably mean the first year of A-level Chemistry? That's all fairly decent. I don't think there was a particularly difficult part? Some definitions can get tricky and long but if you have a good memory you will be fine.
The second year of Chemistry is where it steps up a bit.

Biology (from my friends) is much harder and will really require that memory of yours :sadnod:
God I know biology is 335 pages and Chemistry is only 250 in my book. But I'm really enjoying it so far!
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
God I know biology is 335 pages and Chemistry is only 250 in my book. But I'm really enjoying it so far!
:woo: You can do it Mr Sebastian! :woo:
:rave:
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
:woo: You can do it Mr Sebastian! :woo:
:rave:
Thank you haha!!!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I probably won't finish it all as I'm going to do biology aswell.
What exam board are you doing for biology?
Sebastian1299
Rep:
?
What exam board are you doing for biology?
OCR (most schools do OCR science.)
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OCR (most schools do OCR science.)
Im not sure if that is quite true, I applied to 3 schools and one does oCR biology,one edexcel and one aqa.I think for biology is a mix but all of them do chemistry OCR A.It would be interesting if someone could find some stats on how many people do each exam board for bio and chem a level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (206)
33.28%
No (413)
66.72%

Watched Threads