The Student Room Group

Using unofficial mark schemes to pass mocks?

Did anyone else just use unofficial mark schemes and examiner's reports to pass their AS mocks? I want to study medicine at university and although I would prefer not to "cheat" on exams I thought it was more important to get the grades required for good predicted grades. Our chemistry mock was just the 2016 paper so I found the examiners report which gives the topics and details of most of the questions, I got the best in the class. Just wondering if anyone else did the same?
Some would argue that all is fair in Medicine and Dentistry. Others would argue you're cheating for yourself. Personally, congratz as you basically "revised what would come up"
Reply 2
thanks,obviously it was still hardwork. I was also allowed to do one of my physics mocks at home and the other one in the school library, let's just say I might have been a little lenient with the 90 minutes time limit...
Reply 3
Original post by AnIndianGuy
Some would argue that all is fair in Medicine and Dentistry. Others would argue you're cheating for yourself. Personally, congratz as you basically "revised what would come up"

thanks thats exaclty my thoughts. I still had to understand everything and memorise it. Plus, I believe I will achieve the actual grades nextyear but I just didnt have time to revise enough this year.
Reply 4
Just remember you can't do the same when a patient comes through the emergency ward.

Quick Reply

Latest