Ideas for my English Speaking Exam?

Watch
Hkosar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I need to do a presentation/speech for my English Speaking Exam and we are given the choice to do anything we wish. We were told that doing a topic on which is a issue/problem that many people have faced/facing would get us a higher mark. I have a few ideas but other classmates are either doing it or I don't have much to say about it.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I would be very grateful if you do, Thanks!
TODTEMPLE01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hkosar)
I need to do a presentation/speech for my English Speaking Exam and we are given the choice to do anything we wish. We were told that doing a topic on which is a issue/problem that many people have faced/facing would get us a higher mark. I have a few ideas but other classmates are either doing it or I don't have much to say about it.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I would be very grateful if you do, Thanks!
Try to find something that is personal to you or something that you feel strongly about as that would make it as easy as possible. Also, try and do it on subjects that other people wouldn't have thought of (eg I did mine on ovarian cryopreservation - a little out there I know but it got me to where I needed). If you're interested in medicine or law, for example, you could talk about the recent legal struggles regarding the case of Charlie Gard and develop that using your viewpoints and those of other people. Just a suggestion but there are so many options - you've just got to choose the one that's right for you.

Good luck
Hkosar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by TODTEMPLE01)
Try to find something that is personal to you or something that you feel strongly about as that would make it as easy as possible. Also, try and do it on subjects that other people wouldn't have thought of (eg I did mine on ovarian cryopreservation - a little out there I know but it got me to where I needed). If you're interested in medicine or law, for example, you could talk about the recent legal struggles regarding the case of Charlie Gard and develop that using your viewpoints and those of other people. Just a suggestion but there are so many options - you've just got to choose the one that's right for you.

Good luck
Ah okay. I do have an interest in medicine and I'll think about doing it on that! Thanks for the advice and help, much appreciated!
wizzzzzzzzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Talk about how to get British citizenship include skills test e.g B1
username3279922
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you can talk about anything you want for aprox 10 min or so.
Here are some things that people did in my year:
- things which are in the news (e.g recent elections, scandals)
- technology
- how media affects teenagers
- racism
- sexism
- animal rights
- poverty/world hunger
- hobbies
makes sure you talk about something you're interested in, also they might make you answer questions (if you do it in front of the class) My teacher let us "plant" a couple for people to ask so it was easier to answer
Good Luck!
Chessypuffs1738
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hkosar)

I did mine about how PSHE should be changed to include basic life skills such as first aid and stuff.
I probably shouldn't have put the education system down in an exam but I got a distinction anyway!
Some people that did well included the audience a lot, made eye contact with the audience, often had a slideshow to go with it and just made it engaging.

Other topics in my class were
Fox hunting
Euthanasia
Brexit I think was one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.39%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.26%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.66%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.42%

Watched Threads