Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    remark results take about 2 weeks-1 month.

guys!! if you want to retake a mod while at uni, costs £20 but do it by fri latest contact your school! there should only be uni clashes in jan, but prob not in june, esp if doing the synoptic resits as most uni exams fin 2nd week of june.

ReputationRep:
    I'm resiting an English Module, i nearly failed it and i know i can do better. Overall i got a C, i want to be a journalist though and I'm worried that having a C and not a B in English might lower my chances. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Can you resit them one you have had the A level certified? What was your degree in? If you did an A level in your degree subject then your bound to get an A.

I do think it would be worth it to get those extra ucas points if it means you can apply to graduate opportunities. How would the old ucas points work with the new ucas points though?

ReputationRep:
    I got the outcome of my remark today - the UMS went up by 2 marks (the raw went up by 1) which meant the subject grade remained at a B - I am now even closer to an A - 3 UMS marks off (thats 2 raw marks...how frustrating! :mad:)

Will I get a refund, or was that only if the subject grade improved?

Also, I guess my only options now are

i) Reject the A2 level grade and then resit the unit in either Jan or June as an external student - anyone aware how much this would cost? And I would have to hope it don't come at the same time as Uni examinations

or

ii) Just leave it be.

I understand A-Level results will be a thing of the past once I start Uni

but I am concerned about how employers will look upon the grades I got.

Any advice!?

I will email the Uni now and see what they recommend. Then I will ring the college examinations office.

Who should I be contacting at the Uni?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.