Eversheds Video Interview Watch

lawstudent44
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Eversheds Video Interview and would be willing to share any tips.

I always seem to do really bad on video interviews!

Does anyone know whether it is more commercial based or competency?
Chickateta22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im in the same boat, I have a video interview coming up very soon with Eversheds, and I've no idea what to expect from it!

I have read that at least two will be competency based questions
legallyombre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chickateta22)
Im in the same boat, I have a video interview coming up very soon with Eversheds, and I've no idea what to expect from it!

I have read that at least two will be competency based questions
Have you completed the video interview yet? If so, I was hoping you could share some information on the types of questions asked. Thanks.
adz86
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The interview consists of 4 questions and asks a blend of commercially-focussed and competency based questions. My first suggestion would be to review the 'what we look for section' on the Eversheds website and understand what experiences demonstrate those attributes. Also, you should understand Evershed's strategy and how the firm can realise this.

Good luck and hope to see you at an A/C!
katielouisa95
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone who did the VI heard back from Eversheds yet? I know someone got an email for the London office saying that they would hear early next week but I haven't heard a thing. I applied to the Cardiff office
Chickateta22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am still waiting to hear back from them as well!!
legallyombre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to eversheds manchester, also still waiting to here back after video interview
V_A_007
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
could you guys please share the questions that were asked? i have never done a video interview and im a bit nervous
legallyombre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by V_A_007)
could you guys please share the questions that were asked? i have never done a video interview and im a bit nervous
What three skills do you think someone needs to a be a commercial law. Do you think you need teamwork to be a commercial lawyer. What motivates you to succeed and what does success look like at eversheds sutherland. What sets you apart from the other applicants.

Someone else had; Why commercial. A time you have given excellent client service. When have you taken a new / innovative approach.
V_A_007
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by legallyombre)
What three skills do you think someone needs to a be a commercial law. Do you think you need teamwork to be a commercial lawyer. What motivates you to succeed and what does success look like at eversheds sutherland. What sets you apart from the other applicants.

Someone else had; Why commercial. A time you have given excellent client service. When have you taken a new / innovative approach.
thank you so much!!
V_A_007
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

do you have any advise on how i should prepare for these as there is only one minute to answer these
legallyombre
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by V_A_007)
do you have any advise on how i should prepare for these as there is only one minute to answer these
Surround yourself with sticky notes that have planned responses / hints on so you don't get thrown by a question. Make sure these notes are short and specific seen as you don't have a lot of time. Then practice videoing yourself answering these questions. Watch back and see what you're doing right / wrong etc. If you're running out of time try to make sure you finish your sentence so it doesn't cut you off. Keep a pen and paper close so that if you get asked something you weren't expecting you can quickly write your key responses. Make sure your background surroundings are okay, preferably blank wall. Dress smart. Don't smile too much or look angry. Just be confident!

Good luck!
V_A_007
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Surround yourself with sticky notes that have planned responses / hints on so you don't get thrown by a question. Make sure these notes are short and specific seen as you don't have a lot of time. Then practice videoing yourself answering these questions. Watch back and see what you're doing right / wrong etc. If you're running out of time try to make sure you finish your sentence so it doesn't cut you off. Keep a pen and paper close so that if you get asked something you weren't expecting you can quickly write your key responses. Make sure your background surroundings are okay, preferably blank wall. Dress smart. Don't smile too much or look angry. Just be confident!

Good luck!
thank you !
mint12345
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
has anyone completed a 2018 VI for Eversheds?
mr1996
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I completed it 2 weeks ago but still haven't heard anything
kellywong
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

So everyone has different questions?

Is there a time limit per question?
lottiedx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My video interview response deadline is tomorrow. I will let you know the kind of questions I have experienced when i have completed it :-)
helena_373
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys! Does anyone know the 2018 vac scheme dates at Eversheds Sutherland?
mr1996
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by helena_373)
Hey guys! Does anyone know the 2018 vac scheme dates at Eversheds Sutherland?
Have you had an AC invite yet?
helena_373
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, but I've already had to choose between two vac scheme offers due to dates clashing. Eversheds used to publish the dates online, but seem to have removed them from their website? I probably won't even get an AC invite anyway, but were I to get one, there would be no point in me going if it clashes, and taking up a spot that someone else could have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (122)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.29%
No I am happy with my course choice (352)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.74%

Watched Threads