The Student Room Group

MSc Forensic Psychology at GCU.

Has anyone applied and is waiting to hear back/heard back already?
Reply 1
I'm still waiting to hear back, but it wasn't that long ago that I applied. Have you heard back yet?
Reply 2
Original post by ker_
I'm still waiting to hear back, but it wasn't that long ago that I applied. Have you heard back yet?

I got an unconditional offer through yesterday after having a conditional and having to send supporting evidence. I applied back at the start of June though and my interview was 7 weeks after that so it was a while. Hopefully you'll hear soon!
Reply 3
Congrats on the unconditional! 😊

What was the interview like? I'm almost certain that I've left it way too late to have a chance of getting in, fml.
Reply 4
Thank you!

It was ok actually, it was a one on one so didn't feel too daunting. It covered my general knowledge of forensic psych and what I knew/wanted to know about the course then I had to prepare a study outline to discuss.

Have you also applied elsewhere?
Reply 5
Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad actually! I've been looking at my old lecture notes here and there, and I've found a couple of textbooks online from the recommended reading, but I still feel very unprepared.

No, this course is the only one in Scotland that is accredited (as I'm sure you're aware) and I'm able to travel through for it, so it's really the only course that's available to me.

My main concern is that I don't really have any work experience, apart from some work shadowing. But the PG admissions team have referred my application to the programme leader for consideration, so I suppose that's a good sign?
Reply 6
Yep I just wondered if you had applied to any English unis. I didn't as with the higher costs, it just wasn't feasible for me! So this was my only option.

Admissions always pass them to the course leader to decide I think then would be your interview from there. Hopefully you hear back a lot quicker than I did!
Reply 7
Yeah, it's far too expensive down there.

Hopefully! Just over a month until the induction week though, so not much time left. Maybe see you there 😂
what did you have to do for the interview?
Original post by zblackwood
I got an unconditional offer through yesterday after having a conditional and having to send supporting evidence. I applied back at the start of June though and my interview was 7 weeks after that so it was a while. Hopefully you'll hear soon!

what general knowledge questions did they ask at interview and what did you have to prepare?

was it quite informal?
what did you have to do for the interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending