BTEC - to Russell Group - First Class - AMA Watch

Sachin Dougall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really want to do European politics at KCL, I'm currently about to begin a BTEC Level 3 extended Diploma in Business, I'm thinking of maybe doing an a level too, do you think kings college will mind the BTEC?😄
Dregab
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Inister)
They should remain criticised as a way of getting to university - whilst I congratulate you on your success, you are an anomaly
No they shouldnt, unless you study one you don't know what you are talking about!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SnoopBee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sorry but some of the replies on this post have really annoyed me.
I am currently in my second and final year of studying a BTEC National Extended Diploma in Business, after having done A Levels for two years.
I am achieving D*D*D* and have been given offers from Liverpool and Exeter, and Loughborough (not Russell but currently 6th in the Guardian League Table). So, in answer to your question yeah you definitley can get into RG univeristys with only a BTEC. I only achieved one A Level and that was a D so probably hasn't done me many favours when applying to RG unis. So its wrong to think you can only get into RG unis with a BTEC, but only if you have an A Level alongside it.

I also want to address this whole idea that BTEC's are easier, and that we only work 5 hours a week. To spell it out for you... THEY ARE NOT EASY. We work on 18 units throughout the two years, and within each unit is normally 4 assignments. That works out at 72 assignments within the two year period. Personally, my assignments have sometimes been over 20 pages long and I can tell you that i do not complete them in just five hours per week.

For A Levels your workload is just all condensed at the end, whereas ours is spread out over two years.

So please.. can we all stop saying BTEC's are easy. Try and achieve D*D*D* in a BTEC before you say that again.
A-Yellow-Spring
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I know this is a year old but your comment is my saviour.
A-Yellow-Spring
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ty SnoopBee
Nununu
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Did you not want to do any computer science modules?

Or will you do that in later years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (221)
12.46%
Excited (166)
9.36%
Worried (309)
17.43%
Terrified (390)
22%
Meh (186)
10.49%
Confused (39)
2.2%