Someone with the same prom dress as me. Watch

Mish_mashxoxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I've really been struggling with preparing for prom. I ordered a dress online that came and I hated it so I sent it back and only got a new dress yesterday I love the dress then today I go on snapchat and see another girl from around my area but a different school and it's really putting me down because I love my dress and it's just making me anxiety more people have my dress my prom is in 6 days. I know it's kind of stupid but has anyone got an advice/word of encouragement. I don't even feel excited anymore and I'm really upset because I was really looking forward to prom but it just doesn't feel as good now.
chocochip_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try finding another dress if you really feel that uncomfortable. Otherwise, you've got to OWN that dress, make yourself look so good that they won't even look at the other girls. Think of it as a sequel to Hunger Games, instead of a battle to death it's a battle to see which girl looks the best (kind of the same thing lol)
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lmao, nobody will care what tinpot dress anyone has on
In 3 months time nobody will give a flying **** about prom too
Just go and have fun, chances are a few others might also have the same dress, deal with it.
Pirko
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
burn the dress, it has no use anymore

you may as well turn up in your school uniform tbh, better that then get labelled ant & dec the whole night
applesforme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Think up some designs and take it to a dressmaker to get some alterations?
username3239272
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
prom is overrated
it doesn't matter if other people have the same dress as u
discoball
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It might not be ideal but its really not the end of the world if someone has the same dress as you. Try not to worry about it too much as this may spoil the actual night for you!
Tbh similar thing happened me with a dress that didn't fit and a hair and makeup disaster. I ended up spending so long worrying how I looked that I actually really didn't want to go but in the end when I got there and everyone got over the initial stage of comparing how they looked to others I completely forgot how I looked. Basically just don't worry about it. Its only one night and its not just about what you wear but about having fun.
If you do turn up and someone's wearing the same dress as you and someone comments on it just laugh it off and say its cos you've got such good fashion sense or something. No matter what though remember to smile a lot for the photos as you don't want to look at them later and think you looked like you were having a horrible time.
Hope you enjoy it and I'm sure you'll look great!
Tortent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a different school. I doubt anyone will notice or care. Don't lose sleep over it, just look forward to Prom.
Ezme39
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can see why it has upset you, especially when you were really excited - but it honestly doesn't matter! Firstly, you will look stunning either way, and that's what will be in all your pictures. Secondly, you will enjoy prom even if someone has the same dress ... I mean, you'll still have different shoes/ hair/ accessories and the chances of someone actually having that dress are very unlikely anyway!
Angerblogger
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So today I was trying to have small talk with this girl in my art class I asked if she got her prom dress eyes she said yes and asked for a pic she showed it to me and then as I looked closer it was the exact same dress as mine. Then she asked if I had mine yet and my dumbass said no 🤦🏼*♀️ And now I instantly regretted saying that cause she’s probably gonna think I coppied her I just pray I don’t run into her cause that would be so awkward
mkstudent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ffs there are only so many shops - bound to be some duplicates - unless you get one custom made. It’s one short night
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (133)
20.75%
The paper was reasonable (313)
48.83%
Not feeling great about that exam... (123)
19.19%
It was TERRIBLE (72)
11.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed