The Student Room Group

How do I stop people thinking I'm lesbian

I go to an all girls school and have short hair, so some of my guy friends assume im gay, even though im not. I dont have a problem with anyone in the LGBTQ+ community amd am very open minded, but it really annoys me because i feel like its turning away any guy i like. How do i make them stop thimking this?
(edited 6 years ago)
Appear and act more feminine.
Original post by Konfidunce
Grow your hair longer if it's short and lose weight if you're fat.

Pretty much the only people are assume are lesbian are overweight, short, dyed hair and piercings.

I have ear peircings, i dye my hair many colours, some natural some not, im small (and thin), but i like all of these things about myself.
Reply 3
Original post by jambojim97
Appear and act more feminine.

this.
Reply 4
some women pull off the short hair look really well without looking like the stereotypical lesbian. depends on your body type.
Original post by hanji_finfin
I have ear peircings, i dye my hair many colours, some natural some not, im small (and thin), but i like all of these things about myself.

Ear piercings should be fine. Perhaps it's the dyed hair? Can't tell without a picture tbh.

A lot of my fellow LGBTs die their hair unnatural colours, and many have multiple ear piercings too. At the end of the day it's your choice and you should dress how you feel comfortable. But if being perceived as a lesbian bothers you that much then consider toning down the hair dye and piercings.
You tell them you're straight. Simple.
Reply 8
I have ear peircings, i dye my hair many colours, some natural some not,

^^ this combined with short hair generally gives a lesbian vibe
Reply 9
Original post by qasim_96
You tell them you're straight. Simple.

smooth.
Reply 10
I read somewhere that we have the innate ability to scan people's facial features in less than a second, and from that information the person can use their own judgement to determine sexuality.

It's weird because when I was 17, some people said to me 'are you gay?', including my driving instructor (rudely) but frankly I was not too sure if I was or not.

Fast forward another 2 years when I was 19, a straight guy who I knew from halls asked me if I was gay in a club. By this time I had made up my mind that I was indeed gay, but for whatever reason I said no despite being a little tipsy.

The funny thing is, most of the time when someone asks you if you are gay - their instincts are probably true. But in many circumstances, including one last week at a summer school I was at, I prefer not to disclose such details as they are irrelevant.

In another words - who cares, unless you want to date!
Lool your guy friends are so stupid. Have they never heard of lipstick lesbians?
don't act gay then
I go to an all girls school and have short hair, so some of my guy friends assume im gay, even though im not. I dont have a problem with anyone in the LGBTQ+ community amd am very open minded, but it really annoys me because i feel like its turning away any guy i like. How do i make them stop thimking this?

Hint to guys you like that you like them
OR
if you have any enemies, I'm sure with a little imagination you could come up with a way of planting the idea in their heads to spread malicious rumours that you are a slut for dick
I don't think you should change your appearance at all if you're currently happy with the way you look. Just clearly state that you're not gay, or perhaps get better male friends? If people aren't attracted to you simply because you have short hair, then they're not worth worrying over in the first place lol.
dont do anything, youre perfect. maybe just tell them youre not when they ask
I have long hair and I wear makeup all the time but a lot of people think I’m gay bc I have quite a square face. Someone mentioned changing the way I look to be more feminine, but I can’t change my face shape. I don’t dress overly masculine - I just wear jeans/leggings and a top/jumper usually, but lots of people still think I’m gay. It always really hurts when they say it, even tho I have no problems at all with the LGBT community - my mum’s Gay so ofc i don’t. I just don’t know how to change their views
Original post by shinybeacon
I have long hair and I wear makeup all the time but a lot of people think I’m gay bc I have quite a square face. Someone mentioned changing the way I look to be more feminine, but I can’t change my face shape. I don’t dress overly masculine - I just wear jeans/leggings and a top/jumper usually, but lots of people still think I’m gay. It always really hurts when they say it, even tho I have no problems at all with the LGBT community - my mum’s Gay so ofc i don’t. I just don’t know how to change their views

i thought ur name was shinyBACON
Original post by SMEGGGY
By stopping muff munching

no muff munching pls
get a boyfriend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending