The Student Room Group

English Literature Applicants 2018

Scroll to see replies

How did you get BBB from Bristol? Are you a contextual school? Ta x
University choices: University of Reading, University of Lincoln, University of Edinburgh, Queen Mary University of London and the University of Aberdeen.

Currently studying: History, English Lit and Sociology

GCSE grades: 8B's 1A and 3C's

Predicted A2 grades: A in English Lit, B in History and a B in Sociology

AS grades: C in my English Lit AS

Why English? I love analysing novels and poetry, and pulling them apart is so exciting for me. I love the Victorian/Georgian type period and also dystopia, so there is a wide range of novels that I like to critique. Poetry is also wonderful, with A-Level English showing me how wonderful poetry is!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 82
Leeds x2 for English lit with cw and English & Philosophy (conditional), Sussex for Philosophy and English and Manc Met for cw.

I’m currently doing an access to HE in cw, English lit and psychology so no predicted grades atm.
Original post by CharmBlade
University choices: Cambridge (Queens':wink:, Durham, Sussex, King's, Brighton
I am an EU applicant, therefore our Diploma is entirely different from Alevels
I chose English because despite the language not being my native one, it feels completely natural using it, and literature is the best way to dive into the culture and morals of a particular nation. Furthermore, books for dayz ya feel me?

I already have offers from Sussex, King's and Brighton, and had an interview at Cam on 7th Dec
Good luck with your applications!

Edit: Rejected from Cam

Hi! I applied for Brighton too but am yet to hear from them, how long did it take for your offer to come through after you sent your application? Thanks and congrats!
Original post by toolsofdestiny
Hi! I applied for Brighton too but am yet to hear from them, how long did it take for your offer to come through after you sent your application? Thanks and congrats!

They replied quickly, I can't tell you for sure (since I don't exactly remember) but it was 3 weeks at most
Good luck!!
(edited 6 years ago)
University choices: Leeds (1st choice), Lancaster, Sheffield and Durham
What subject(s) are currently studying?: English lit, Geography and Creative Writing
Predicted A2 grades: AAA*
AS grades: A in Psychology A in Creative Writing
GCSE grades: 9 A*s 3 As
Why English?: Because I love to read of course XD I also want to be a journalist or an editor, so I want a degree which will help improve my writing/ formulating of arguments.
Joining a little lat but ah well 😅
Uni choices: Leeds (firm), Hull (insurance), Newcastle, Southampton, Cambridge (rejection)
A levels: English lit, Film studies, music and Theatre studies (yeah, I'm that person 😝😂)
Predicted grades: AABA
AS grades: Film A, haven't done mocks yet
GCSE grades: 1A*, 3A, 7B
Why English?: Well actually it's English and Music, I couldn't decide (!) But I just love words, the way that combining them lets us lose ourseves in a good book, or express what we're feeing. That's important, I think, expression of the self 😊
Original post by toolsofdestiny

😂😂 books for dayz. just made me laugh
Anyone heard from Durham yet?
Completely stuck between East Anglia and York. The East Anglia offer holder day completely floored me and, where I wasn't even considering it before, it's now a rival for my first choice. Anyone able to sway me either way?? Or give a girl some advice? 😂😂
Has anyone heard back from St.Andrew’s about English??
Reply 91
Original post by ju_restall
Has anyone heard back from St.Andrew’s about English??

Yep.
Original post by lowza
Yep.

Well...****. Are you international or home? And when did you receive it?
Reply 93
Well...****. Are you international or home? And when did you receive it?

Home - England.

I got it on the 15th (:
Original post by lowza
Home - England.

I got it on the 15th (:

Oh wow ok, have you already got your exams or is it based off predicted your application?
Reply 95
Oh wow ok, have you already got your exams or is it based off predicted your application?

I'm current Year 13, I haven't done my exams yet.
Original post by lowza
I'm current Year 13, I haven't done my exams yet.

Ah same here, well done on your offer x
Reply 97
Ah same here, well done on your offer x

Thank you - is it the uni you want to go to? X
Original post by lowza
Thank you - is it the uni you want to go to? X

Well yeah, I applied there for English and I also want to go to Exeter from English and Drama, no responses from either :/
Is anyone else still waiting on a decision from Manchester? I've had all my other offers back but I've heard absolutely nothing from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending