The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michael_Fishy
Choices: King's (Already here studying philosophy) UCL, SOAS, QMUL, Bristol, NCH
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Philosophy at Uni,
Did Psychology Politics Biology and the EPQ at A Level
LNAT: 24 last year. hoping to do better this year :P
A2 grades: A*AC and B in EPQ
AS grades: AACE
GCSE grades: 1A* 3As 3Bs 3Cs
Why Law?: Without copying and pasting my personal statement, I really want to practice law after uni - i love the intense and dynamic nature of the work (the money is nice too). Plus i find it genuinely interesting to study, especially constitutional/public law
Extra Curricular: Work placements with Bond Dickinson and then Clifford Chance mid-2018,
Will be a qualified civil and commercial mediator in Febuary
Regularly Moot
Award Winning writer
Play Rugby and Rifle at a competitive level
Worked jobs since the age of 16

-- Applied last year and got an offer for King's, NCH, York and Kent - didn't meet my grades for King's.

Sent this application today - also have a mini pupiliage with 4 stone buildings coming up.
Offer from NCH (applied to them directly a while ago so thats different) and am sitting the LNAT in January - so will be waiting on SOAS and QMUL only for the next couple weeks
Someone give me advice here, got an unconditional from York but like I preferred Nottingham, amazing they've offered me it but still
Original post by AbsoluteMadlad
Hey I'm Sofía, I'm from Spain 🇪🇸

Universities: Edinburgh, KCL, UCL, LSE and Oxford just in case
Subjects: economy, technology, Latin (out of the ones I can choose)
LNAT: in october, I can manage a 24 I think
Grades: 9,2/10 for 1st of Bachillerato (same as an A*AA in AS more or less I think) probably 9,4 total by June 2018
GCSEs: 8,2/10 in the equivalent level (AAB more or less, with two Cs in maths and physics)

ECs: I've read a good amount of books about law and classic and popular literature (challenged myself to read 50 this year), I read the economist, NYPost and Guardian every week. I've studied Russian independently (no teachers in my city) and plan to attend a B1 examination next June or May, also have attended English classes and have an A on the CPE, tried out German in an academy for a year. I've also been to my local court to watch some cases, I finished the Nanowrimo challenge in 2015 (didn't like the manuscript so I haven't really edited it or tried to publish it) and that's it. I'm a bit worried because I live in a rather poor area and there are no mentoring or internship opportunities for hs students, hope it doesn't affect my application :frown:

Why law?: because I want to work in an international scale and equip myself with mediation and persuasion skills for either a career as a barrister or a politician. I want to finish my studies abroad with a system more involved with torts and case by case rules like the British. Would love to help fight dictatorships and Human Rights abuses in the ICC. I'd also love being in the law department of a cutting edge tech company like SpaceX or Google :smile:

You have a great drive and should go far. Shame you didn't apply to Notts though ;p
Original post by hamzaalam
Someone give me advice here, got an unconditional from York but like I preferred Nottingham, amazing they've offered me it but still

I'm at Notts atm, what grades are you likely to achieve?

I’ve got an unconditional too but I think I’m gonna put it as my insurance so if I don’t get into my first choice I can definitely go there!
Original post by Chichaldo
I'm at Notts atm, what grades are you likely to achieve?

No idea but if I work hard im sure to get A*AA
Original post by lalalallaalala
I’ve got an unconditional too but I think I’m gonna put it as my insurance so if I don’t get into my first choice I can definitely go there!

mine is only unconditional if i firm it, lucky you!
No idea but if I work hard im sure to get A*AA

I didn't pay much attention to York when applying but if you want to go to Notts then hold out for them, you'll have a very good chance, even with an AAA or AAB depending on how everyone does
You have a great drive and should go far. Shame you didn't apply to Notts though ;p

Thanks, that's so sweet! Didn't really research notts, hopefully you have fun there!
Choices: Cambridge, LSE, Bristol, Durham, Notts
Subjects: English Lit, Maths, Physics
Predicted Grades:A*AA
AS level: AAAB with the B being in further maths
LNAT: Did it a couple months ago so still waiting really.
GCSE grades: 4A*s 6As 1B
Why Law? I find it really interesting as it covers so much and is always relevant in some way, I also think I have a good skillset for the subject.

Have an A*AA offer from Bristol and the other 4 are considering my application AFAIK
(edited 6 years ago)
I didn't pay much attention to York when applying but if you want to go to Notts then hold out for them, you'll have a very good chance, even with an AAA or AAB depending on how everyone does

wait AAB? For Law? Really?
wait AAB? For Law? Really?

No guarantee you'll get in with that so don't bank on it but it is not unheard of.
Reply 332
Original post by William Reynolds
Hey, my name is Will,
University: hopefully Durham
Subjects: History, Geography, Literature, Business, Spanish
A2 predicted: (not yet)
AS predicted: AAABC
IGCSEs: A*A*A*A*A*A*BC
Law: Because being a corporate lawyer or entering politics is my plan, and a law degree would be the best for that. I also love history, but I feel like Law has the best elements of history in it anyways, and it's something new.

Hey, I applied to Durham for law too! Have you heard back yet?
Just received unconditional offer for Law from Warwick
Original post by ChemistryGuy1998
Just received unconditional offer for Law from Warwick

That's gr8, do you think you'll go?
Original post by gdssdgdsfas
That's gr8, do you think you'll go?

Probably not its my bottom choice though I currently only have offers from Bristol and Warwick
Original post by infiinitee_
So super late update but 2 rejections this week from Oxford and LSE so pretty much dashed my hopes of a top uni rn. :smile: Waiting back from UCL and KCL but wouldn't be surprised if I got rejected from both!

All your choices are top unis, so don't be disheartened. Oxford and LSE also have weird selection processes (lots of weight on GCSE's) and are competitive beyond belief so don't rule yourself out yet!
Probably not its my bottom choice though I currently only have offers from Bristol and Warwick

Ah ok, you must be aiming high then, what would be your top choice out of the five you've applied to?
Original post by gdssdgdsfas
Ah ok, you must be aiming high then, what would be your top choice out of the five you've applied to?

Oxford or LSE
Oxford or LSE

Ah GL, seems like you have a great chance!

Latest

Trending

Trending